29 - water bottles, pills, and exams

note/s : this might be a little short- i got a massive brain fart (writer's block-)

— 🍊

Clementine

Time flew by and eventually her leg became better, 2 months has passed since and Clementine was able to remove her cast. She was going to miss the crunches but she loves walking again! and showering without a plastic bag or a chair in the shower.. She no longer needed to take medicine concerning her leg, but she still needed to take her other pills and prescriptions.

And so after two months it came close to examinations. It was that time of the school year again, take notes, go to the library, staying up late studying lectures and textbooks for hours on end, some people just don't take things seriously— i mean, it's a school for troubled youth!

More on that, Louis would be playing the piano more, Violet would be watching cartoons without giving a shit and munching on nuggets, Marlon would be doing other things, caring about other things and Brody. Ruby and Aasim's probably the only two people actually studying— but they're too smart that they don't even need studying! and Mitch and Willy— well, they're being rather explosive to care about the powerhouse of the cell

Clementine woke up early, snuck out of the dorm without waking up the blonde girl snuggled in bed, and snuck to the library in early hours.

So Clementine crammed up in the library at early hours, a can of black coffee to keep her awake, her notes and textbooks right below her— her somewhat red, golden honey eyes affixed to her notes, a highlighter in her hand and pens scattered around the notes neatly. Her bag sat in front of her, the fluorescent lights beamed on top of her, her hat shielding her eyes from the light to sting her eyes. She was in a nonchalant state.

Lately she's been feeling tired, maybe she isn't so used to walking with two legs than her body was just worn out. But she couldn't rest now that exams are just hours away. She sat in solitude, concentration under the burning fluorescent light. She was starting to doze off— but she can't right now! She shivers, sipping her coffee.

She highlights certain passages, when her chair pulls back— messing up her fluorescent yellow streak on the pages. Clementine turned around to see Louis, shooting daggers at the dread head. Her gaze immediately dropped when seeing the boy. She rubs her eyes, clearly red

Louis tilted his head and grabbed a chair, pulling it beside Clementine "Are you okay? Your eyes are really red." Clementine looks on the black phone screen, that was turned off— yeah I suppose they were red. Her eyes being red wasn't an issue unless they were blood shot red, and dry looking. Which they were

Clementine shrugged "Yeah I am, I just been studying a lot lately." Louis folded his arms and set his bag aside "You're probably one of the smartest people I've met. Not to mention especially history." Clementine chuckled "My dad's a history teacher."

Clementine rubs her eye again, focusing onto the pages "You made me smudge the marker." Louis looked at her neat notes, the ink imprinted on the pages, the font was clear, but the bright highlighted portions were messy

Clementine sighs "Can you get my eyedrops?" Clementine adjusted her cap, making sure her eyes were hidden from the stinging library light, as she wrote more example problems and passages that were important. Louis nods and fishes the eyedrops from her bag and gives it to the girl that was focused

She smiled "Thanks Louis." She turned around to put a few drops in her red eyes, only to resume. Louis inches closer "Clem, why don't you take a break? you're like one of the smartest people I know." Clementine shakes her head and takes a sip of black coffee. Louis reaches into his bag to get his hydro flask, he opens it and brings it close to her mouth— holding her "Too much Caffeine isn't good Clem, I don't want you to strain yourself."

Clementine opens her mouth to speak when Louis gives her the flask. She looks at it and drinks it, the cool water was enough to make her feel less shitty and dead. Louis frowns "Look Clem, I know exams are important but why don't you take a break, I don't think you can take any longer."

Clementine still struggles "No Louis, a break can wait after tests." Louis sighs "Look at it like this, if you wear yourself out like this, how can you focus on the actual exams when you're tired?" Louis rubs her back comforting, he brings her head to his shoulder "Just take a little break, please?"

He's right.

Clementine chuckles, her eyes threatened to close in on her as she leaned onto the broad shoulder.

Louis

Compared to Clementine, he's been put through a lot of tutoring to finally get great grades, and ever since then he was getting good grades non-stop without even struggling to try. Marks the time that he was able to play the piano without interference. He examined her notes, they were actually pretty decent— her handwriting sunk into the sheets of paper. Clementine Everett never struck him as a stationary girl. And it was his turn to examine her face— Her eyes shut close and her long eyelashes fluttered down. She was warm, and she still seemed tense. A lot better than before, for she was a little more relaxed.

Louis should watch her whenever there's exams. She tends to shut everything out for the sake of studying, which isn't a bad thing! until you study until your eyes run dry and red.

Louis places his hand on top of her head, caressing the top of her cap, his fingers grazed over each detail with care and gentleness. His fingers found their way to her brown dark locks

Louis hums to himself as he sees something shiny in her bag. Curiosity kills Louis as he sees that it was a sharp razor. His blood ran cold as he quickly took it out and threw it in the trashcan near by, carefully putting Clementine down on the table to quietly get up and put it down.

Everything with Sophie was quiet, not really running into her for a bit, except for that one time and the occasional encounters of her attempts to hurt or embarrass her again out of sheer vengeance.

He came back, seeing that Clementine was calm, awake this time "How long was I asleep for?" Louis chuckles, "Only for a few minutes. I can help you study but please talk to me so you won't go insane and bash your head out of frustration."

Clementine's lips morphed into a smile "Sure, weirdo." She said jokingly

"Yeah, we're team ninja and team weirdo." Louis replied, he figured he'd help her, as he brought out his notes

oof school is coming by too fast that i feel like it's gonna slap me soon. watch out for my new fic that's a lot different than this one—

headcanon of the day : louis might be one of those people that barely study but still get perfect grades

word count : 1216