013.

Chapter Thirteen.

"Do you even want to be married?" —Reese Wilson.

Louisiana State University

Citrus sat in her self-assigned seat with her body slightly tilted towards the door.

It was a Wednesday, during the mid-day hours, her last class of the day and she was set to be picked up within the next hour or so.

As always the Professor was in the middle of one of his many lectures and though Citrus should of been paying attention...her mind wouldn't let her. She had been anticipating the arrival of Yair, who she had yet to speak with for a little more than a week now. Since that day he kicked her out of Eden, he had been finding ways to ignore and blow her off, and it had been killing her. She didn't know why....but it did. It killed her.

"I just hope your ass don't ask me for these notes since you wanna' be watching the door and not the board."

Citrus looked over her shoulder and sighed at the look Reece was giving her.

His hair was out today which was rare considering he always had it pulled back or braided down. He wore a simple light blue tee and some grey Nike sweatpants. His feet were protected in some male moccasins and Citrus couldn't help but to notice the very expensive Cartier watch on his wrist.

She blinked hard and swallowed the lump forming in her throat. For whatever reason she felt as though she needed to explain her actions to him.

"Sorry," She sighed, "I just was—

"Looking for that nigga," He scoffed and turned away from her.

Citrus frowned at his choice of words and looked down at her blank notepad. He was right but there was no reason why he had to be so harsh towards her.

"Did I do something wrong?" She cautioned.

She hated for anyone to be upset with her.

"All I'm saying is if his ass got you not paying attention in class than that's how I know something is wrong," Reese eyed her, "You're not fucking him are you?" He whispered.

"No!" Citrus declined a little more louder than she expected to.

Reese sucked his teeth at the fact that the whole class managed to pause and look back at the two. He watched as Citrus sunk down into her seat in embarrassment, while Miranda looked towards them with her expression unreadable; she was doing the usual, preparing to ask a question right before she was interrupted.

"Is there a problem Miss Hayes?" The professor removed his ball framed glasses and eyed her.

His dark blue irises caused goosebumps to rise upon her skin.

"No," She faked a smile, "My apologies Professor Robinson."

"Let's not make yelling out like that a routine. Got it?" He raised a daring brow.

Citrus simply nodded next burying her embrassed face back into her notebook.

Reese nudged her, "Your last name isn't changed?"

"Legally, no," Citrus declined, popping her head back up, "I never went to get that done."

"Do you even want to be married?" Reese spat out.

Citrus looked to him in shock. Of course she wanted to be married, she never would've accepted Nahiem's proposal if that was the case. So for Reese to even insinuate such a thing was disrespectful in its own.