014.

Chapter Fourteen.

"Just because you came out affiliated coochie, or ride affiliated dick don't mean you automatically gain my respect," — Maze Yun Jeong

Bukhara Residence

Qadir laid across Citrus's bare stomach, listening to the sounds of her low breathing. The married couple were fresh out of the shower and procrastinating the aftermath, which would include them actually getting up and ready for the day.

"I'm hungry," Qadir placed a kiss on her stomach and used the pad of his thumb to move across it, "You gon' look so good carrying my babies, beautiful."

"Mmcht," Citrus shifted underneath his touch and rolled her eyes, "If you're hungry then maybe you should go and make something to eat," She snapped, pushing his head from off of her.

Nahiem leaned up and frowned at her.

"What?" She returned the look, "You think I'm your maid or something?"

"Do you think that?" He rebutted, flexing his thick brows together.

"I think that you want me to be exactly like your mother," Citrus revealed, "A housewife, a pretty face, arm candy," She listed off.

"When have I ever expressed that to you? Where is all of this coming from?"

Citrus tucked her bottom lip into her mouth thinking back to her many discussions with Xylani. Duties like such never bothered her much before, but after having some time to think to herself about what this marriage truly was about, Xylani's words started to get to her. A Samison women could be so much more than just a wife, and Citrus was going to stand by that as well as be the first to prove it.

"It's nothing," Citrus crawled out of bed, "I have plans today so I can't go to that banquet thing."

Qadir's face fell as he watched his wife move around the room. She was trying her best to avoid eye contact with him as she began touching and rearranging things that didn't even need to be bothered.

"Banquet thing?" His eyebrows came together, "It's a surprise party for Silas, you should know this since you played apart in planning it."

Citrus shrugged and headed over to their shared dresser, "Well then he'll understand why I couldn't make it, I'm doing something for school. Asire knows that, that's what comes first."

"School?"

"Yes," She nodded pulling out a lace black thong.

"So what's that for?" Nahiem pointed at the skimpy piece in her hands.

"I'm throwing this out, I don't like these things that much, never really did," Citrus lied.

It honestly surprised her just how fast she was able to spit that story out. Citrus was never the lying type, she rather tell the truth and face the consequences for it than to spin a story. Which to her, always caused a bigger mess. However, in this particular situation she knew to just lie. There was no way, Nahiem would go for what she really had planned.

"And where exactly are you going?"

"You're asking a lot of questions Hiemmy," She turned towards him and clutched the black fabric, tighter, "Do you not trust me or something?" She softened her tone and lowered her stare.

"I do," Qadir quickly shut her assumptions down, "I'm just curious, you never do shit out of the blue so," He shrugged, "I jus' had ta' ask."

"Oh my apologies," Citrus turned back to the opened dresser drawers and chuckled, "I forgot to run it by you," She mocked, "I'll be sure not to make that mistake again so we won't run into this confusion,"She rolled her eyes.