030.

Chapter Thirty.

"Now you see how my heart felt," —Qadir N. Bukhara

May 24th, 2018
Baton Rouge Hospital

"Nurse Jackie who don't play them games," Jackie looked him up and down, " Nurse Jackie who when it comes to the safety of her patients will do whatever needs to be done."

Qadir licked over his pink plump lips. His face swept over with vexation. He hated to be disrespected and that's exactly what Jackie was doing. It was obvious she didn't know any better.

"I asked yo white ass kindly da first time," His eyes glazed over in rage, "But now you testin' me and my patience which is something ion even have a lot of."

"Who do you think you're talking to?"

"Not my damn self," Qadir snapped, "Now you betta' run along and give me and my wife a minute."

Jackie stayed in place.

"Did I stutter?" Qadir's voice grew deeper.

Jackie grilled him but this time around she actually moved towards the door, "I'll be right outside sweetie," She looked towards Citrus, who's eyes were bulging out in fear.

Jackie frowned but made her way outside. She kept her word and stood right by the door, with it slightly cracked and her ear to it. If she heard anything, she wouldn't hesitate to handle Qadir and call security.

'God, please get me through this....'

Citrus looked up towards the ceiling. Her eyes were wide open even though she wanted nothing but to close them.

'I know I don't deserve your help but I need you. I'm not ready to die...'

She hadn't even realized she was tearing up, until she felt Qadir's cold, rough hand snatch her chin down so that she was looking at him and not the ceiling. Her face throbbed in pain, his grip on her was extremely rough.

"I wanna' know why the fuck you crying and shit. I should be the one crying," He spat.

Citrus's heart beat sped up, as that grueling pain occurring throughout her body suddenly felt worse. She started to shake in fear.

"Relax," Qadir ran his hand down the side of her bruised face. He smiled but there wasn't a single thing funny or cherry behind it. His smile was sinister and ominous.

Citrus's heart monitor began to beep rapidly. Her rate was increasing by the second, she felt like she was about to explode. She couldn't explain it if she tried, but it was the worst pain ever.

"Now you see how my heart felt," Qadir laughed.

Citrus cocked her head to a position that slightly pulled away from Qadir's rough grip.

Pupils dilating, brows turning in, and expression matching the meaning behind his smirk. She then proceeded to wipe her face of any tears. There was no need to put on a front any longer, considering the man she called her husband had finally seen her for her true self.

"Why me?" He let go of what was left in his reach rather roughly, causing the lower half of her face to smack against the bed rail.

A thick sensation of pain rung throughout the side of her jaw causing her to clench her fist together. She couldn't scream but that didn't mean the urge to do so was not present.

The room then fell to a sullen silence. It wasn't like Citrus could speak her mind, nor was she for writing paragraphs full of explanations on the white board. Therefore, the ball was all in Qadir's court.