thirteen

Tom stood on the sidewalk and waited for his car.

He sighed and covered his face, completely distressed and overwhelmed by the previous scene (s).

He was guilty of everything that happened, cause he should have stopped things at the moment they were starting to catch fire.
He could have done it, but no, he decided to shut up and not tell Ryan about something he knew would bother him, he remained quiet about everything that seconded that moment.

And as easy as he was standing, as simple as he fell to the ground, sick and dizzy.

The car pulled over and a security guard came out of it, taking him to the nearest hospital.

He was so stressed and constrained that his body gave up.

Tom was no near to hitting rock bottom, but this was pretty damn close.

-

His eyes gazed the room, scanning for a familiar face, but no one was around, only white sheets, bright lights and a terrible hospital smell.

"Wha-where?"

He looked at himself, he was still using the suit and was in a hospital bed, his arm attached to a medical device. He tried to decipher why was he there.

The door opened and a brunett girl cross the place with a milkshake in her hands, before even noticing that Tom was awake.

She turned around ro catch the eyes of the brit.

"Tom! You are awake!"

Zendaya shouted, and hugged the man.

"Zen? Why a-am-"

"Hush, hush. Why are you here? Well your driver said that you fainted in the sidewalk, after visiting your BF in jail! But don't worry you're fine, just a bit dehydrated."

The girl laughed and enjoyed the face of confusion in his friend. She really missed his odd looks.

"But-"

"Tom, why didn't you told me you had a new one? What happened to Ryan?"

"Zen-"

"And is he way more handsome? Is he European? Yeez, he isn't. You have a thing for americans, right? But trust me on this one, you should've seen the boys in Italy..."

Tom sighed and covered his ears, the girl noticed his actions, and quickly shuted up.

She waited till Tom wanted to hear her again.

"Sorry...I really missed you."

Tom weakly smiled.

"Yes, I noticed...I missed you too."

They hugged each other.

"So...tea?"

Tom covered his blushed face, and nodded.

"Fine...It's Jake Gyllenhaal, and he is really good with me...I wouldn't call it boyfriends but we are on it..."

The brunette clapped and jumped in her place.

"And why was he on jail? I like it tho, bad boy vibes."

They held hands excited by the crazy ideas that got into their heads.
They were teenagers, and teenagers always gossip about who they love.

-

Tom had his head on Zendaya's lap, enjoying the ride to a private California beach, so they could hang out a little more till she had to leave.

"Tommy you need to tell'em"

The brunette said in a calm and whispering voice, while with her fingers, she combed the young man's dark hair.

"What?"

"Well, what you feel, idiot."

"And that'll be...?"

"That you love them both."

Why did it seem that feeling things for someone was always the end of the world for Tom?