Chapter 1 : sadness and rejection

Stings view
I was sitting at the bar at the guild drinking a raspberry smoothie when yukino sits beside me. "Want to go on a mission it's really well paying and I can't do it alone."I thought about it . I could use the money to pay the electric. "Sure let me go find rogue ."I stood up and she grabbed my wrist "alone" I was shocked she asked such a request "ok let me go get Minerva and ask her to watch the guild."

~fiveteen minutes later~

I talked to Minerva and she said she can watch the guild till I come back . "you ready?" I grabbed my bag "yes but why did you want me to go alone I'm much stronger with rogue ."She smiled "I know but I have some things I needed to talk to you about ."I was curious what did she mean . "Sting I like you" I blushed "w-what"did she know that I had a crush on her. "I-i like you too" she looked shocked then smiled at me "omg really ."

-One week later-
Rogues view

I wonder where sting has been he barely ever goes on quests without me. I'm really starting to miss him. Just as I thought that yukino and sting walk into the guild. They are laughing and wait kissing . I couldn't believe this. The guy I've loved for years is kissing someone that's not me. I stood up and left out the back door. I couldn't bear the thought. What else have they done other than kissing . Are they dating . Omg she is the reason he didn't tell me where she was. I can't believe this. He chose a girl over me . I knew he would never like me back but I didn't expect this. I need some space I'm going to take a job I walked into the guild using the back door I didn't look up from the ground until I got to the board . I took the first job I saw on the board it paid 10,000 jewel it looked tough so I took it. I looked up for a second and saw them kissing I couldn't do it . I ran out of the guilds front doors crying. I sat there on the bench outside the guild crying. Minerva came out of the guild "rogue!whats wrong I saw you run out" I tried hiding my face. She sat down beside me and hugged me. I hugged her back hiding my face into her lap. "What's wrong". I wiped my eyes . "Ihavelovedstingforyearsandhedosentlovemebackandisawhimkissingyukinoandidontknowwhattodo."Minerva looked at me strangely "say that again but slower ." I took a breath . "I have loved sting since we were fourteen. I have always known but I couldn't tell him. He always thought about me as a brother but I have always thought about him as more. He has always been kind to me . When I saw him kissing yukino I freaked out . I always felt like one day he would be mine but I guess the feelings mutual". I couldn't help crying. "im so sorry do you need a place to stay you could stay at my place" I was thankful for the offer "I'm going on a mission but sooner than later I will have to face the music"she smiled at me as I stood up I wiped my face with my sleeve then headed to the apartment to grab my stuff. I lifted up the plant and picked up the key. I went up the stairs . And into my room to grab my stuff. My room was filled with grey tones . I packed a few outfits ,my toothbrush and toothpaste , a hair tie , comb. I walked into the bathroom and washed my face . "I'm ok I don't need him ." I Went to leave when I saw sting and yukino kissing on the couch. Sting turned around "yukino was about to make dinner if you wanted to join us."

~stings view~

"Yukino was about to make dinner if you wanted to join us ." He looked down "I'm good I'm going on a mission" he continued to walk past us "without me you never go on a mission without me" he turned to me "if you can go on a mission without me then I can go on one without you". I was shocked he would say that. Then he just left. What's his deal

~rogues view~

I closed the door and broke down in tears . It's hard for me to be strong right now. But I have to be and I need the money. I left without saying another word to anyone

I hope you guys like the story if you do go check out my other dragon mating season book