Chapter 5 : death of a dragon

Rogues view
I sat in a small bar at the edge of town. I know mating season started for me because of my rejection. My body has reacted horribly. The pain in my heart grew into a pain in my head. And the only way to get rid of that pain was thru alcohol. The bartender served me my fifth drink today. An extra dry martini and a shot of cinnamon rum. The bartender looked at me concerned. "It's ten am sir are you sure you should drink that much before going to work?" I looked up at the bartender "I'm paying you arnt I ? So why are you giving me your opinion." He turned away and went to another customer. A females hand touched my shoulder gently. She sat beside me. "No more drinks." Minerva said softly as I took the shot of fireball with ease . I drank the martini and sighed. I need to tell her about mating season. I finished my martini and stood up. "Fuck!" I grabbed onto Minerva as I tried to balance myself. Luckily I caught myself . Minerva helped me out of the bar and towards her apartment. Once in the apartment I went to the kitchen ,grabbed a glass ,and poured a large amount of vodka into it. I began to almost chug it before Minerva came up and took the glass and poured the remaining alcohol down the sink. "We need to talk." I said looking down at my hands. "Yea we do." I slowly walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. "You can't avoid him forever. You can't stay here and drink forever." I nodded and continued to look at my hands."do you know what dragon mating season is....?" She turned her head confused. "No?" I figured. I looked at her in the eyes. Her eyes went wide as she looked into my black eyes. My pupals were nonexistent the only other color my eyes showed was the slightest bit of white around the iris. "It's a time where our inner dragon finds its soulmate and goes to mate...but because i was rejected my season drains my magical energy until I'm no longer a dragon and it kills me." She grabbed my hand and held it tight. "I'm almost in stage three. That's when I start growing weak while others grow stronger." I looked down at my hand interlocked with hers. My dragon will eventually kill me. "I'm sorry ." I couldn't stop as the tears started rolling down my face.
I spent the rest of the day cleaning around the house and cooking for Minerva . I ate a bit showered then went to bed with the intent of sneaking over to the bar tomorrow morning.

If you like this please read my other dragon mating season.

473 words