1

idk what to name this so like-

☆•☆

in 1983 mike wheeler didn't know who he was, he was just a boy who loved his friends and d&d. when his best friend will went missing he felt his whole world crashing down on him, will had been there for him his whole life. everything felt weird when will wasn't there, the party felt off balanced and mike and his friends were determined to find him. when they found a girl named eleven instead, that night changed his whole life.

mike didn't know that eleven would be the center of his attention, the main thought inside his head. though they had only known each other for a week mike already felt like she was special. and even if she didn't speak a lot of english mike knew she was more than what meets the eye. she wasn't normal like all the other girls he had met, she didn't have long hair instead a buzzed head, she didn't talk about clothing and makeup instead she stayed quiet, she was kind and made mike feel like he could talk to her about anything, and she was brave, oh how she was brave. she risked her life for her friends, the people who had first showed her kindness, the people who had taught her about friendship and loyalty, and the people who gave her a reason to keep fighting. her friends meant everything to her even if she hadn't admitted it.

but the person who mattered the most to her was mike. he was the first person to trust her, he trusted her and invited her into his home even if she was a strange girl he had found in the woods. he didn't care that she couldn't speak much or that she wasn't as pretty as the other girls, she was still beautiful in his eyes. he treated her as he would to anyone, with kindness. but when she had blown away in a pile of dust in the hawkins middle school he felt his world crashing down again, everything just shut down. even if his best friend was back from another dimension he just couldn't find himself to be happy anymore. that one week that he knew her was everything to him, he developed a crush on the girl and cared about her more than he thought. he didn't know that her being away would cause him to fall into such a pit of despair and sorrow. he couldn't help it, the girl he had unknowingly fallen for was gone.

his friends had told him there was no help for the girl called eleven, they told him that she was gone and he needed to move on. but mike still had a glint of hope, he still felt like- no he knew she was out there. and that's what caused him to call her on his supercom every night. he told her how much he missed her, if she was even there. he told her about his day and he asked repeatedly if she was there but he never got a response. sometimes he thought his mind was playing tricks on him, he could have sworn he heard her call his name. but then he realized it was most likely just the crackle of his supercom and he gave up for the night.

his friends weren't the only ones who noticed the sudden change in his behavior. nancy had noticed mike was grumpier than usual, he was acting up in school which he would never do. but some weeks the principal called his mother about something new that he did. mike could care less about what he was doing, he just didn't have a reason to care anymore.

but little did he know that eleven had listened to his calls every night from the cabin, she watched him in the void as he spoke to himself. she watched him in school, how hopeless he looked. she knew that he missed her just as much as she, and she wanted nothing more than to see him happy again. she hated knowing that she was the reason for his odd behavior and constant pain, but she listed to hopper everyday. he said she would see him soon. but on day 200 she stopped listening to him, she felt like she would be apart from him forever.

when day 353 finally arrived, the beginning of the day neither of them knew that today would be the day. that today would be the day that they finally saw each other in person. el was on the bus almost all day, she closed her eyes and watched him throughout the day, she needed to make sure he was safe. when she finally reached the byers house she killed everything in her path, that was the demodogs planning to attack the house. she reached the door and unlocked it, she walked in the house and the first eyes she spotted were his. he had grown so much since she last saw him, his hair more frizzy, his cheekbones more visible and his freckles dotted across his face.

el's hair had grown in, her hair dark and slicked back. she had black eyeshadow on but she was still as beautiful as he remembered. they met in the middle and embraced each other tightly, not wanting to let go, afraid they would loose each other again. mike had found out that el had been listening to his calls, every night. she finally felt whole again, they say home is where the heart is and her heart belonged to mike. mike was home. and she was finally home.

she could finally experience the life of a normal teenage girl. she could hang out with her boyfriend whenever she wanted without having to worry about inter dimensional monsters attacking her home. she didn't have to worry about protecting her friends, she could finally lead a normal life, a carefree life.

and she couldn't wait.

authors note:

wickedwheeler  i did it are you happy

sorry. this is shit.