fly me to the moon

listen to this version to get the full effect^

future mileven!
not edited lol
*

"shit, i can't believe we're late." mike muttered pressing the gas a little harder on his car. "mike we'll be fine, just fashionably late." el said trying to lighten the mode. "i know but, i really want this promotion. even if it means wasting my friday night at a stupid dinner party instead of spending it with my beautiful wife, then i guess i have to." mike huffed. el blushed and squeezed his hand, "we have a billion other friday's to spend together, okay?"

mike sighed and nodded turning down a long road that lead to a huge house. "is that even a house?" el asked in disbelief, "i guess, i think my boss lives here."

the house was a giant white house, the golden lights from within made the house look like a shimmering gold. there was a large fountain in the middle of the driveway and a large metal gate. the car halted in front of the gate and mike rolled down his window to talk to the man inside the booth.

"how can i help you, sir?" the man in a suit asked, "hi, um i'm here for dylan walsh's dinner party?" mike asked, cringing at his own words. "oh yes. park your car in the back entrance, go left at fork in the driveway and go all the way down that road and you'll see the other cars." mike nodded and thanked the man. the metal gates opened slowly and mike drove through and followed his instructions to the back entrance.

as he drove along the long road roses and other flowers lined the side of the road. "it's beautiful back here." el commented, "it is." he replied. about halfway down the road small rain droplets started hitting the windshield of the car. "shit." mike cursed, "it's fine i brought an umbrella, one of us has to be prepared." el joked, mike rolled his eyes playfully.

the rain progressively got heavier and thunder started rumbling across the sky. the rain hit the car heavily, sounding more like bullets hitting the car than rain. "are you sure it's safe to use the umbrella if it's like this?" el asked, digging her nails into her palm, a nervous habit she'd picked up.

"i don't know, we might have to wait it out a little bit." he sighed. mike finally saw the other cars of his coworkers and found an empty parking spot. "should we wait it out?" el asked, "yeah," mike sighed.

as if the day couldn't have gone any worse, lightning struck across the sky making el jump. not only was it pouring before, it was now raining so hard you couldn't see anything in front of you. el sat stiffly in her seat flinching at the thunder and lightning that flashed across the sky every few seconds. mike took notice, "come here." he said softly, el unbuckled her seatbelt and shifted over to his side of the car. when she sat down on his lap he wrapped his arms around her, "you know what this reminds me of?" he asked softly.

"what?"

"it reminds me of the day we met. it was pouring rain and you were sitting in the blanket fort in my basement, do you remember?" el nodded her head, "and i remember every time you heard thunder you would close your eyes and try to pretend it wasn't there. i hated that. even though i just met you, i didn't want you to be scared. i remember wanting to just tell you everything would be okay but i was too awkward to do that," el giggled, "but at least now i can hold you in my arms forever and ever and never let you go." he said kissing her forehead.

mike was always good at that, distracting her from her fears and making everything better. "i love you." she sighed, "i love you too," el leaned her head on his chest and listened to the sound of his heart, trying to replace the sound of thunder and rain with the sound of his heartbeat.

about ten minutes passed before the rain finally stopped pouring, it was still raining but at a normal rate. "i think it's good to go out now." mike said softly, el opened her eyes slowly and smiled up at mike.

"how long has it been?" she asked, "not sure, maybe ten minutes?" el nodded and sat up and crawled back over to the passenger seat. she grabbed the umbrella from the backseat and opened her car
door, mike doing the same. she walked around the back of the car, cringing at the soaked grass under her feet. she pushed the umbrella up so it was covering her head and mike joined her behind the car, he took the umbrella from her so he could cover both of them.

they started walking up the long driveway, mike hoping they weren't too late. while el was sleeping in the car he already thought of an excuse to tell dylan. el smoothed out her black dress, trying to get rid of an wrinkles and ran her fingers through her hair one more time. "you look fine, el." mike assured, "i know i just don't want to look bad, i know how much you want the promotion."

he linked their hands together as they continued walking up the driveway. eventually, they got to the front door and mike raised his fist to knock on the door. after knocking a few times and still, no one answered, he tried opening the door but of course it was locked.

his eyes searched for a doorbell but he couldn't seem to find one. "they have this big ass house but can't even afford a doorbell?" mike said through gritted teeth. "maybe it's the wrong door?" el questioned, "well it is in the center of the front of the house, and i didn't see any other doors so this has to be the one."

el frowned, "maybe i could try opening it with my powers?"

"no, el. you haven't used them in years.. i don't want anything bad happening to you. l-like what if you pass out and hit your head? i wouldn't know what to d-do or-"

"okay! i went use them." they stayed silent for a few minutes, trying to decide on what to do. els ears perked to a familiar song inside of the house that was blaring, "we don't have to be inside to enjoy the party." she said softly, "what?"

she took the umbrella from his hand and threw it on the ground behind her, she placed her arms around his neck, "listen." she whispered, mike listened and heart the sound of frank sinatra's voice filling the inside of the house. the music was loud enough so that they could hear his voice from the outside of the house.

mike placed his hands on her hips and they swayed for a few verses until the song until the instrumental part started and mike grabbed her hands and twirled her around. el laughed when he pulled her back towards him and dipped her backwards. "where did you learn all of this?" she asked as they continued spinning around the front porch of the giant house. "my mom taught me the week of the snowball, said i needed to impress whatever girl i danced with."

"how come you didn't spin me around at the snowball?" el pouted, "i guess i forgot when i saw you there, i was just happy to see you i didn't want to embarrass myself." he shrugged, as the song slowly dyed off they drifted closer to each other and el leaned her forehead on his, "see, wasn't this a lot better than some stupid dinner party?" she asked, mike grinned, "definitely."

el pulled her head away just so she could place a soft kiss on his lips. "wanna get out of here, kind of pointless just standing here don't you think?" mike asked, "yeah let's go."

authors note:

lol didn't know how to end this but i actually liked this one hehe

so hope u enjoyed some future mileven 🥰