together forever

*

the thought of being together forever had somehow always been implanted in the couples heads. when their relationship started to really get going being together forever seemed.. right. like it was supposed to be that way. and many things had gotten in their way, new friendships, inter dimensional monsters, strict parents, and life in general. but the couple always came back to each other, right where they left off.

and even though they had their differences and different opinions they still loved each other no matter whatever. mike loved el and el loved mike, that was the way it was always going to be. the thought of falling out of love was never in their mind, they would never want to fall out of love. to them, love was fun, it was exciting and surprising, they had something most relationships didn't have.

respect and their endless devotion to one another.

*

on a windy afternoon up at the highest point in hawkins the two sat on the ground with small picnic blanket underneath them. they laid on their backs staring up at the bright blue sky, the clouds moving slowly. it was one of those days you never wanted to end. from time to time el would point some shapes she saw, or tell mike about an interesting bug she found on the way there.

mike loved it when they just sat out in the field near the nelson farm, it was quiet and always so peaceful. when el pointed out the most innocent thing he wanted to plant kisses all over her face just to hear her laugh. her laugh was music to his ears, it was something he would die to hear. it was one of those laughs that would make you laugh too, for no reason, it was bubbly and happy.

suddenly el spoke up, "hey mike?" he turned his head to face her, "hmm?"

"do you think we'd be together forever?" el asked nervously, "w-what?"

"sorry it's stupid, i shouldn't have asked that. just forget about-"

"yes."

"huh?"

"you asked if we would be together forever, i said yes- or at least i hope we would. if i could, i'd marry you right now!" el giggled, "mike we're only 15."

"i don't care! we love each other, that's all that matters right?"

"i guess but, you have to be 18 in order to get married." she frowned, suddenly mike sat up and looked through the small basket they brought with them. he looked through the basket until he found what he was looking for. he pulled out a candy and quickly took the wrapping off of it. and then he stood up.

"what are you doing?" she giggled, "come on stand up!" he said with a smile, still holding the candy behind him so she couldn't see. el raised her eyebrow up at him, waiting to see what would happen next.

mike cleared his throat and kneeled down on his knee. el shook her head, "your so stupid."

"el jane hopper, from the moment i met you in the pouring down rain i knew you were special. even when you barely spoke anything i knew we had some sort of connection. and when i lost you i thought i would never get you back, everyone had given up hope on you but i still knew you were out there. and when i got you back i promised you i would never leave your side, and i didn't for a whole 6 months. we spent every fleeting moment together, and i don't regret any of it. i could never imagine my future without you in it because i know that you are my future. i love you more than any words could describe. so, el, will you marry me?" he held the small candy out in front of him making el giggle.

she wiped her eyes quickly from his words and then spoke up, "my love for you is.. unexplainable. there are no words i can say that will truly say how i really feel about you. it's just everything about you, your freckles, your hair, your smile, your personality, how you make me feel... everything. i want to be able to sleep next to you, and wake up next to you, everyday. i want to be abel to kiss your cute little face everyday. because i couldn't imagine my future without you either, and we could be homeless and i'd still be happy knowing i was with you."