chirstmas suprise

i suggest listening to make you mine by public

it really makes everything better if u listen to it and read this

el was ecstatic when she found out that she would be going back to hawkins for christmas. not only would she be seeing her friends, she would be seeing mike for the first time since november. she missed him more than words could say, and when he had to hang up on the phone or leave in person she felt her heart breaking again and again. just being around him made her queasy, her heart fluttering and cheeks red.

and mike felt the same way, his friends would always tease him when he went on and on about el but he didn't care. if he wanted to talk about the love of his life then he would, he would say how much he loved when she did this- or did anything. a simple smile from her made mike want to faint, she was his weakness and he would do anything and everything to protect her. whenever he was feeling sad or thinking about how empty he was without her, she always seemed to know and call him before it went any further. she made him happy, happier than any of his friends had seen before. so when christmas came around they weren't going to stop them from being happy.

*

december 20th was here and the byers (plus el) we're putting their bags in jonathan's car so they could go to hawkins. jonathan was staying at a friends, will was staying at dustin's and joyce and el were staying at the wheelers. there would be no doubt that el wouldn't be staying with mike, there were many nights that joyce had found her crying in her room because she missed him so much. and separating her further from mike they knew would not be good. so joyce was going to take the spare room and el... she would find somewhere in the house. probably the basement.

but the drive was long, and el was very impatient. she tried to distract herself by looking at license plates and trying to find abnormal things around the road. but she soon got bored, as did everyone else in the car. she simply leaned her head on the glass window and waited impatiently for her arrival at hawkins.

*

mike was waiting very impatiently for the byers to arrive. it had been nearly a month since he has seen his dear girlfriend and like hell he missed her. the rest of the party was at his house waiting for their friends to return and mike was yet again pacing the room.

"can you stop?" max scoffed, "can you die?" he snapped back at her, "watch your mouth." lucas muttered, "oh shut up."

"i don't think el would be happy knowing her best friend and boyfriend were fighting when she got back. so suck it up." dustin interfered before they could go any further. "why are you so jittery anyway?" max asked, "well seeing as i haven't seen her for a goddamn month i might be just a hint excited." mike sneered sarcastically, "well i haven't seen her for a month either but you don't see me jumping off the walls."

"why do you care so much? i move one muscle and then you open your big mouth and start yelling at me!"

"i don't care, it's just annoying." she shrugged, "god you are such a pest." he muttered, "and you think your any better?"

"mike! they're here! everyone get ready!" karen shouted from the top of the stairs. mike quickly went into the bathroom and shut the door, everyone else going up to the driveway.

the car slowly pulled up to the driveway and before the car could stop el opened the door and ran out, she scanned her eyes around her friends and couldn't find mike. "where's mike?" she asked, "no 'hi max, i missed you so much!'?" max asked, "hi max. where's mike?" el raised her eyebrows, clearly annoyed at the red head. "he's not here. he went out earlier and said he'd be back later." she shrugged, "not here?" she repeated, max nodded.

how could he not be here? she knew he was beyond excited to see her, so why wouldn't he be here? her own boyfriend couldn't even show up to her coming back to hawkins?

she greeted her other friends and took her bags inside. "hi sweetie!" karen smiled hugging the brunette when she walked into the house, "hi mrs. wheeler." she smiled faintly, "whats wrong?"

"mike's not here. he said he would be, but he's not." she frowned, "i know i'm sorry, el. he said he was going out to get something, but you can put your bags downstairs." el nodded and walked down to the basement. it was all decorated for christmas, a tree, stockings and everything. she could imagine her friends decorating it without her, how fun it must have been. she sighed sadly, wanting nothing more than to see her boyfriend.

an ear piercing screech came from the bathroom door, el turned around quickly and the biggest smile spread across her face when she saw him. he had on a goofy christmas sweater and his hair was still the same. she took no further time to look at him and ran right over to him, quickly placing her arms around his neck and pressing a kiss onto his lips. the two smiled through the kiss and pulled away slowly as el snuggled into his arms. "i missed you so much." she sighed, "me too." he replied kissing the top of her head. she smiled into his chest, smelling the familiar scent of cinnamon. he always smelled so sweet, making her senses tingle.

she pulled out of the hug, but her arms still wrapped around his torso, she just looked at him, to see if anything changed. his freckles became more vibrant and his eyes seemed to be smiling at her, as if that was possible. "i missed you." she repeated, "i know, but at least we can spend a few days together." she nodded, that was way better than the usual one day they got. they leaned in to kiss again but were rudely interrupted, "hey hey, we exist to, come visit us and then kiss later. after all you two are spending the night together." max winked, "ugh for once she's right." mike sighed, el hit his chest, "quit being mean!" she giggled, "yeah mike, quit being mean!" max teased, mike stuck his middle finger up at her.

*

the rest of the day went by in a blur, everyone laughing and having fun. but eventually everyone had to go home and get some rest, el was more than happy to stay at the wheelers house with mike, she thanked joyce for letting her. "so uh, where do you want to sleep?" mike asked, "with you." she smiled, he blushed, "like in the basement?" she asked, "yeah sure, i'll go get changed and you can get changed down here, okay?" she nodded and went to get her things out of her suitcase.

after the two got dressed and all ready to go to sleep mike came back down to the basement. mike sat down on the couch, el stared at him curiously, "what?" she giggled, "come heeerreee." he reached out trying to grab her, she walked towards him. he grabbed her waist and pulled her down on the couch so she landed right next to him, she laughed when he started to tickle her, "m-mike! stop!" she laughed, she tried curling in a ball to make it harder for him to reach her ticklish spots. "stop!" she laughed, "never!"

she was finally able to grab his hands so he finally stopped, "your so stupid." she smiled catching her breath, "yeah?"

"and just because of that, no kisses for the rest of the day."

"no!" he pouted, "you did it to yourself." she shrugged, "how can i make it up to you?" he asked, "you can't!"

he clutched his chest, "your breaking my heart!" he cried, "sorry not sorry." she smirked, "i'll never be happy again." he said pouting once again. she shrugged again and turned so her back was facing him. "aw no i got the silent treatment!"

"i'm sorry for tickling you to death. i just love hearing your laugh." el smiled, she couldn't be mad at him, she really couldn't. a smile formed on her face for the hundredth time that day, "fine i forgive you." she said turning back to face him again, "good."

he leaned in pressed a quick kiss on her lips, "that was another im sorry." she pulled him back in for another kiss, "and that was for another i forgive you." she giggled, "we should probably go to sleep now." she frowned, "but sleeping is boorrrinngg." he sighed, "yeah but when you wake up we can spend another day together!" he nodded, "okay, your right."

another kiss was exchanged between the two, this one lasting longer than the other two. el pulled away and rested her head on his shoulder, "i love you, mike."

"i love you too." he said snuggling closer to her, their legs were tangled together, el's head on his shoulder and mike hugging her from the side is how they fell asleep. it was weird but they didn't care, being as close as possible was the other thing they wanted. they fell asleep with smiles on their faces.

authors note:

k that was kinda cute.