Stupid Desperation {03}

Arriving at the Grill, Damon and Castiana head to the bar-- his sister sitting on his lap to save herself from getting pissed off

She's been asked enough times if she's needed a booster-seat to last her a lifetime, and she'd rather not hear it again. If she does, she may just kill someone.

Height is also a very sensitive topic. Anyone brings it up, and she'll snap very easily.

Damon orders a drink just as another man arrives and sits on their left.

"I'll have the same." The mystery guy says to the bartender. "What's with the--" The man begins to ask Damon when he notices the youngest Salvatore on his lap.

"Alaric, this is my younger sister, Castiana. Castiana, this is my friend, Alaric." Damon is quick to interrupt.

"I am much older than I look. Trust me." The small vampire smiles sarcastically at Alaric; her vamp-face appearing for a moment to show her point before she offers him her hand. "It's nice to meet you. It's not very often I hear Damon introduce anyone as his friend."

The man nods with a small smile as he takes her hand and they shake firmly.

"I screwed up." Damon says as his drink is placed down in front of him, another being set in front of Alaric.

Well, you certainly didn't make anything better.

"Yeah. Yeah, you did." Alaric agrees.

"Yeah." Damon sighs.

"Gentlemen. Why so glum?" Another man comes up to them, standing on the right of Damon and his sister.

He spots Castiana when he comes around, confusion showing on his face.

"Are we babysitting n--" He begins before a corner of the female Salvatore's lip rises up, her vamp-face appearing as she glares at the new person.

"Not even close to a child. Don't even try it." She spits venomously, her tone surprising him for a moment until Damon snaps him out of it.

"Ugh. Klaus, I presume." Damon looks at him with distaste.

"In the flesh." Klaus smirks, looking to Alaric. "Thanks for the loaner, mate."

The small blonde climbs up on to the bar top as she feels Damon stand up. Sitting down and facing the three men, she sees Damon looks angry.

"Any reason you stopped by to say 'hi'?" Damon inquires; a bit of sarcasm in his voice, like usual.

"I'm told, you and your brother fancy my dopplegänger." Klaus begins as he folds his hands behind his back.

"Which one?" Castiana scoffs lowly-- more so commenting it to herself, but the hybrid can't stop the corners of his lips tugging up just the slightest as he continues.

"Just thought I'd remind you to not do anything you'll regret." He smirks, his tone laced with underlying warning.

Why would they? When she's dead, they'll have a couple of big problems off their shoulders. So, hopefully, she doesn't go through with the transition. Especially when she was moaning about wanting to stay human.

Damon smiles at the irony of Klaus' comment as he looks slightly away from said man and staring into space; remembering his earlier actions today before he grimly looks back at the man wanting to kill their Katherine 2.0.

"Ha. Thanks for the advice."

I bet he wishes he was told sooner.

"I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?"

Klaus looks at Damon, astonished.

"You are kidding?" He then looks between Alaric and Castiana. "He is kidding, right?"

"No, not really." Alaric and the Salvatore girl synchronize with small shakes of their heads.

"I mean, come on. What's one month, in the whole grand scheme of things?" Damon asks, a little hopefull.

"It gives you guys time to plan how to screw up his plan." Castiana answers bluntly with a small shrug of her shoulders, making Damon turn and give her a small glare.

"Not helping, Cas!" He whisper-yells at her, his frustration clear as she merely shrugs disinterestedly in return.

I wasn't really aiming to help. At least not in the way you want me to.

"Let me be clear..." Klaus begins, his voice dangerously low. "I have my vampire." He holds up one hand with his palm facing the ceiling. "I have my werewolf." He continues, lifting his other hand and mirroring the previous actions of the other. "I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So, if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up." He finishes with finality before leaving.

Castiana looks at her eldest brother and sighs, already knowing he's thought of a way to screw Klaus' plans up anyways.

Jumping down from the bar counter, she quickly speeds out of the Grill to catch up with Klaus, who-- luckily for her-- was strolling down the sidewalk.

"You do know Damon will do something to screw up your plans, don't you?" The small blonde asks the Original, making him look down at her for a second before continuing on his way. "My bet is he'll go for your other sacrificial lambs. And there's only one place he knows where you'd be keeping them until you're ready for them."

"I know." Klaus nods at her words. "That's why I always have a backup." He smiles broadly.