Sacrifices All Around {09}

Already knowing what her brother is doing, Castiana doesn't bother to listen to the two males still conversing on the top of the cliff

Already knowing what her brother is doing, Castiana doesn't bother to listen to the two males still conversing on the top of the cliff. Instead, she focuses on the aunt and niece duo, in case they try anything while Klaus isn't around.

The Salvatore girl watches as the brunette and strawberry blonde continue to stare up at the two vampires; waiting to figure out what's happening, with a patience Castiana never had.

"What's going on?" Jenna finally asks.

"I-I don't know." Elena shakes her head slightly before turning to her aunt quickly. "You can hear them." She gasps in remembrance, making Jenna look at her. "You can hear anything. Jus-Just focus on them."

Jenna nods and turns back to the duo on the cliff, squinting as she tries to tune in on their conversation.

"What are they saying?" The dopplegänger whispers.

"I can't-- I can't make it out." Jenna shakes her head.

"You can do this." Elena encourages. "Just relax. Focus."

"I can hear them." Jenna says, pride and a thrill lurking in her tone. "I hear Stefan."

"What are they saying?" Elena repeats.

"Oh my god." Jenna mutters, her eyes going wide.

"What is it?" The teenager asks curiously with evident worry.

"He wants to take my place." The woman tells her niece gently, making the girl look up at the older woman in horror before she looks up to her current boyfriend. "Elena..."

"I have to do something." The teenager-- that's in, way over her head-- interrupts. "This can't happen. None of it."

A moment after that determined speech, Klaus and Stefan come down from the top of the cliff and approach the two family members.

"Quite the predicament." Klaus comments as he smirks in amusement. "You know, it's funny. All this talk about preserving family, and here's Stefan-- granting your wish." The Original gestures to the vampire beside him, who's trying his best to not make eye contact with his girlfriend.

That doesn't even make sense. Why get yourself sacrificed when you know your girlfriend will come back a vampire? You don't want her to be hurt because of her family dying, but you're still going to hurt her by having one of her boyfriends die. That's just a lose-lose, really...