Break Her Gently {06}

Castiana arrives to the quarry before Klaus

Castiana arrives to the quarry before Klaus. She wanted to make sure nothing was happening before he got there, so she could warn him if she needed to. She keeps herself hidden, but in a good enough spot to see everything.

She sees Elena and Jenna sitting on the ground, with Jenna clutching at her head.

"Oh, my head." Jenna groans. "What's wrong with me?"

"Do you remember what happened?" Elena asks her aunt.

"You called me. You were so scared. Oh, ah!" Jenna strains to remember, hissing in pain as it worsens the state of the raging headache she's sporting. "I should have realized that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire."

"Klaus. It was Klaus." The dopplegänger tells the confused strawberry blonde.

"He made me drink his blood." She continues. "And I don't... I don't remember anything after that." With that realization, she looks around anxiously. "Where are we? What happened?"

Seeing her aunt getting scared, Elena takes Jenna's hand in her own.

"We're at the quarry. He brought us here." She tells the confused woman slowly.

"Why don't I remember anything?" The older girl asks worriedly.

"Jenna, do you remember... when I told you how someone becomes a vampire?" The brunette asks carefully.

"Yeah. If you die with vampire blood in your system, it's..." Jenna stops as it finally dawns on her what happened and what's going on, making her tear up. "Oh, god. He killed me."

"Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me. Everything's going to be okay." The teen says in certainty; hoping her calm attitude would lessen her aunt's fears and worries. "I'm going to get you out of here."

"I'm a vampire?"

"And I bet you're hungry." Greta smirks as she approaches them, making the two on the ground look up at her.

Elena sees a sharp rock nearby and goes to grab it, but Greta waves her hand and sends Elena flying backwards where she lands painfully in the dirt. Waving her hand again, Greta creates a circle of fire around Elena. Stubborn, Elena stands and rushes to the flames, but is stopped.

"Don't bother trying to get through." Greta tells the dopplegänger. "I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do."

"Greta..." The teenager pleads. "Please, just-- just let her go."

The witch slices her wrist open with the sharp rock Elena had been eyeing, making blood drip from the wound-- Jenna looking at it hungrily.

"Klaus chose her." She says simply.

"No." Elena says as she realizes what Greta is about to do.

"Drink it." Greta tells Jenna as she lowers her wrist towards the hungry woman.

"Jenna, don't!" Elena cries out.

She'll die if she doesn't.

"I can't." Jenna mutters, entranced by the blood.

"Let her go. Hey!" Elena yells.

I understand she can't get out of the circle, but yelling and demanding is useless. Just collect yourself and devise a plan as things progress.

Seeming to tune her niece out, Jenna continues to stare at Greta's bloody wrist before she finally gives in and sinks her teeth in to her flesh.

"No!" The brunette yells out too late. "No." Elena tears up as she watches her aunt close her eyes as the warm blood continues to enter her mouth.

After a few moments, Greta pulls her wrist out of Jenna's grasp, making the newly turned vampire fall to the ground.

"That's enough." The witch says as she stands up.

"Jenna. It's going to be okay." Elena tells her freaked out aunt.

Greta flicks her wrist again, making another circle of fire surround Jenna, which makes the vampire retreat back with a terrified expression.

"Look at me. Hey, look at me." The dopplegänger tells her aunt; Jenna turns her head towards her niece with blood still running down her chin. "It's gonna be okay." She assures her.

Jenna faintly shakes her head as dark veins creep beneath her eyes.