Risk It All {11}

It's two days after the sacrifice that Stefan finally enters Alaric's apartment, where Katherine is sitting on the bed, looking thoroughly annoyed

"Hello, Katherine." He greets coolly as she gets up, stepping closer to him slowly.

"Two days, I've been waiting." She grits out. "I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead!"

"We ran into complications." He explains vaguely.

"Complications?" She echoes, confused and irritated.

"Doesn't really matter. I just need to find him." The middle Salvatore sibling dismisses as he comes farther into the room. "Do you have any idea where he might be?" He asks before the immortal dopplegänger pushes him against the wall, motioning him to be quiet.

At that moment, Klaus, Elijah, and Castiana walk through the door.

"Klaus, you're back." Katherine greets. "Look who decided to come for a visit." She says, and the Hybrid look at Stefan.

"You just keep popping up, don't you?" Klaus smirks.

"Well, you know how the deal with cockroaches is." Castiana shrugs as she goes to sit on a stool at the island.

"I need your help... For our brother." Stefan says carefully.

"Why would he? Damon killed his entire Plan A; and you were in on every opportunity to kill him." The youngest Salvatore points out, making Klaus chuckle. "Don't get me wrong; I want Damon to live. But, I find it stupid to have come to Klaus for that."

"Well-- whatever it is-- it's gonna have to wait a tick." The Hybrid grins devilishly. "You see, I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention." He explains before moving to another part of the room while Elijah looks to Stefan.

"You understand how important family is, or you wouldn't be here." Elijah says to him. "My brother gave me his word that he would reunite me with my own."

"And, so I shall." Klaus says from behind the Original, making him turn around in confusion; this giving the Hybrid the opportunity to stab a dagger through his heart, and killing him until it's removed.

"Well, I suppose that is what he gets for trying to kill you." Castiana shrugs before Klaus suddenly pushes Stefan against a wall.

"Now, what am I gonna do with you?" The Hybrid asks rhetorically; putting a stake through Stefan, which makes him groan and buckle forward.

But, Klaus keeps him up right as he leans towards the younger vampire tauntingly.

"Do you feel that? It's scraping against your heart. The slightest little movement, and you're dead." He threatens in the male vampire's ear.

"He's just trying to help their brother." Katherine protests, while Castiana just watches the scene in boredom; Klaus' displays of power and threats beginning to seem old to her.

"It's punishment for trying to kill him. A bit of annoyance too, because he's come asking favors afterwards-- and for someone else that also tried to have him killed. Now, displaying the fact that he has the upper hand here; not Stefan."

"The witches said you had a cure." Stefan groans. "Make me a deal. Just give me the cure, and I'll do whatever you want." He bargains.

"Should also include that you won't bitch about it." The smaller vampire adds flatly as Klaus removes the stake, and lets her brother fall to the floor. "He has a tendancy about being a big moody baby when it comes to doing things he doesn't want to do, but had promised to do."

The Hybrid walks over to where Castiana sits, and sets the stake on the island; pouring himself, and Castiana a glass of blood each.

"Thank you." The girl smiles as she takes the glass; Klaus nodding back to her before he continues talking to her brother.

"Trouble is, I don't know if you'd be any good to me the way you are now." He says. "You are just shy of useless."

Stefan remains on the floor as Klaus and Castiana continue holding their own glass of blood; the former of the two crouches down to continue speaking to him, with Katherine watching cautiously-- and a little curiously.

"I heard about this one vampire-- crazy bloke-- always on and off the wagon, for decades." Klaus says, hintingly. "When he was off, he was magnificent." He smirks. "Nineteen-seventeen: he went into Monterrey and wiped out an entire migrant village... A true rippah. Sound familiar?"

"I haven't been that way in a very long time." Stefan says grimly as Klaus stands up.

"Well, that's the vampire I can make a deal with. That is the kind of talent that I can use when I leave this town." He replies as Stefan stands as well.

"Katerina, come here." Klaus calls, making the said girl frown in confusion as she comes closer.

The Hybrid takes her arm before his face changes to reveal his new hybrid one, and he bites down on her arm.

"Aah! Aah!" She gasps in shock and pain before he lets her go, letting her look at the poisonous and deadly bite in denial and panic for a moment. "No. No... No. No. No."

Rolling his eyes slightly, Klaus bites down on his own wrist and forces it against Katherine's lips, making her ingest his blood before he pulls away; her wound now healed as he looks at Stefan.

"You want your cure? There it is." He says.

"Your blood is the cure." The Salvatore boy murmurs.

"Gotta love Mother Nature." Klaus smirks mischievously; putting his hand on Stefan's shoulder. "Now... let's talk, you and I."