So It Begins {08}

Castiana watches from her hiding spot as Klaus starts approaching the rings of fire containing the three females about to be sacrificed

The werewolf is still laying on the ground, groaning in pain as she looks up to the dopplegänger.

"Everything I did... I was just trying to help Tyler." The woman forces out.

Klaus stays back, letting the werewolf get her last words out before he takes her life to reconnect to the part of himself that was forced away from him for so long.

"Are you Jules?" Elena asks in realization, but the older woman ignores the question.

"I didn't want him to be alone!" Jules explains as Klaus looks down at her.

"Shall we?" He asks her.

Jules' ring of fire disperses, giving Jules' eyes the chance to turn yellow before she uses her supernatural speed to rush at Klaus. But, the Original doesn't have to waste much energy to get the upper hand as he pins the werewolf to the ground. As soon as she's down, he plunges his hand in to her chest and rips out her heart.

Jules takes her final breath as tears stream down her face, dying.

Klaus breathes heavily as he holds the bloody heart in his hands while Elena and Jenna watch on in horror.

The witch continues to chant the spell as Klaus holds Jules' heart over the ceremonial bowl and squeezes the blood in to the flames.

"Does that mean it's working?" The Original asks with unease.

"It's working." Greta assures.

In the rings of fire, Elena watches Klaus and Greta as Jenna looks up at her with her eyes glistening in tears.

"The day that the lawyers called to tell me that I was going to become your guardian, you know what my first thought was?" The overwhelmed young woman asks her niece, making the brunette look down at her and shake her head. "Isn't there someone else who can do this?" She chuckles breathlessly in nervousness.

Castiana really feels bad for the strawberry blonde, and for young Jeremy. That's why-- before she made it to the quarry-- on her way, she had grabbed a drugged up woman from an alley and turned her. She waited until the woman was awake before snatching, making the druggy eat, snapping druggy's neck, and erasing the victim before arriving.

She knows Klaus was punishing Elena by doing this to her aunt because of what Damon did. So, she let him prove the point, that if you cross him-- or are involved with someone that crossed him-- then everyone suffers.

However, Jenna was innocent; Jeremy needed at least one family member-- even if they were a vampire-- and shouldn't have to suffer because of his sister and her boyfriends. Just as Jenna didn't. And just as Jenna's boyfriend didn't.

Elena will have learned her lesson, go through with the sacrifice, and Klaus will still have a vampire for his sacrifice. Just not Jenna.

Castiana is just waiting for the opportune moment...

Or, at least, one that made it a more grand gesture-- courtesy of Damon's dramatics rubbing off on her.

"Jenna, there was no one else who could have gotten me and Jeremy through all of that." The dopplegänger tells the woman.

"It's just the thought that I almost passed up taking care of you..."

"But, you didn't." Elena kneels down. "You put your entire life on hold to help us."

"Look around, Elena." The vampire scoffs. "I failed you."

"No. You didn't. I failed you. I'm so sorry." Elena sniffles before steeling herself as she makes her voice go lower. "Listen. Being a vampire, it intensifies your guilt. But, it also makes you stronger and faster. You can fight back." She explains. "I'm gonna get through this. I'll be okay. I need you to believe that. Promise me, when you get the chance..." The brunette places a finger to her lips and whispers her next word. However-- because of her position-- Castiana can easily see that she says, "Run."

Jenna nods, whispering, "Okay."

"Elena told Jenna to run when she got the chance." Castiana speaks up from her position, knowing Klaus will hear her. "Be ready." She warns.

Klaus nods discreetly, showing he heard her as he approaches the ring of fire holding Jenna.

"Hello, Jenna." Klaus greets just as the druggy vampire beside Castiana gasps awake beside her and begins looking around frantically.

"Shut up!" Castiana whispers harshly, holding the woman tightly by the back of her head, her fingers tangling in her greasy, straw-like hair as her other comes up to the woman's mouth. "It's not time yet."

The youngest Salvatore looks back to the clearing, watching as Jenna and Elena get up and look at the intimidating Original.

"Let her go." Elena demands. "I understand that I have to die, but she doesn't!" She says passionately as she walks closer to the flames, causing them to flare up and for her to have to take a step back.

"Careful." Klaus warns tauntingly as he eyes the dopplegänger teasingly.

"Elena, don't." Jenna orders her niece.

"No, Jenna!" Elena argues. "We can't leave Jeremy without a family." She says before turning to Klaus. "I followed your rules; I did everything that you asked. I didn't run. Please." She pleads desperately.

"Well, well." The Original smirks, looking up at the top of the quarry. "I don't recall you being on the guest list."

Elena and Jenna follow his gaze, making Elena gasp when she sees Stefan standing at the top of the cliff.

"I'm here to talk." Stefan tells the older vampire.

"Very well, then." Klaus shrugs softly, looking at the strawberry blonde vampire briefly before vamp-speeding to the top of the cliff; walking calmly towards the middle Salvatore sibling when he arrives. "What can I do for you, Mr. Salvatore?"