Deal Or No Deal {12}

Leaning over the sink, Klaus squeezes tightly on the blade of a knife; his blood pouring down into a vial as Stefan watches him

Leaning over the sink, Klaus squeezes tightly on the blade of a knife; his blood pouring down into a vial as Stefan watches him. Katherine sits on the couch beside Castiana as they observe the situation.

"There it is." The Hybrid says, holding up the vial filled with his blood. "You want to save your brother? How 'bout a decade-long bender?" He offers. "And I have big plans for you, when we leave this town."

"I'm not like that anymore." Stefan responds gravely.

"Well, that's too bad. You would have made a hell of a wingman." Klaus sighs with a slight shrug, beginning to pour the blood from the vial down the sink.

"Wait!" The middle Salvatore quickly protests, making the older vampire stop pouring the blood.

"Now that's more like it." He smirks as Stefan takes a seat at the island. "I want you to join me for a drink." He says, tossing a blood bag along the counter near where Stefan now sits.

Begrudgingly, Stefan takes it as Klaus watches and drinks his glass of blood. Stefan watches Klaus as he begins to drink from his blood bag. Once Klaus stops drinking from his glass, Stefan stops drinking from his blood bag.

"Finish it. All of it." Klaus says.

Stefan hesitates, making the Hybrid sigh.

"You do everything I say, and I save your brother. That's the deal." He continues.

Doing as told, Stefan drinks all of the blood before Klaus throws him another.

"Again." He commands.

He does, and he continues to to do so until he's sitting on the floor with four empty blood bags around him; in the process of finishing another. Grunting, the blood-covered Salvatore looks up at the Original Hybrid, who stands against the island in front of him.

"You're very cooperative. It's almost as if you're enjoying it." Klaus observes before throwing another blood bag on the floor near the younger vampire.

"No more." Stefan croaks. "Not until you give me the cure."

"Not until we make a deal." Klaus counters. "It's your choice, Stefan. You can either remain here living your life in Mystic Falls; or you can embrace what you truly are, leave town with me, and save your brother's life." He continues, crouching down in front of him as he picks up the blood bag and holds it out to Stefan.

Looking at the hybrid, Stefan snatches the blood bag and drinks it vigorously.

"That's the spirit." He smirks.

Standing, Klaus takes the vial of his blood and looks to Katherine, who had stood to watch Stefan and is now standing near Klaus.

"Sweetheart..." He begins, 'compelling' her. "Take this over to Damon and come right back." He tells her.

"You want me to leave?" She asks.

"No!" Stefan shouts.

"Yes." Klaus answers. "And if I were you..."

Before he can even finish, Katherine takes the vial and rushes out the door with her vamp-speed.

"I'd hurry." He finishes with an amused smirk before sitting down in a chair.

"She'll never take it to him." Stefan says.

Klaus tilts his head indifferently as Stefan looks down in defeat.

"She'll never take it to him." He whispers.

"I think you think too lowly of her, brother." Castiana finally speaks up. "I think she has more heart than you give her credit for."

The trio soon finds themselves at a warehouse, where Klaus puts his older brother, Elijah, in a coffin.

Klaus looks down at his temporarily desiccated brother, with the younger Salvatore siblings standing nearby.

"I suppose, brother, you've been reunited with our family." Klaus says before closing the coffin and looking at two compelled men.

"Put him with the others. We're leaving town tonight." He orders, and they do as told.

"So... Did Katerina make it in time?" Klaus asks the Salvatore male; having noticed him looking down at his phone, making him put it away.

"You won't be seeing her again, you know?" Stefan says instead.

"Because she's on vervain?" Klaus asks knowingly. "I've been around a long time, Stefan. I rarely get played for a fool."

"So, it does happen occasionally?" Castiana teases, but the Hybrid ignores it.

"Besides, she won't get far. You'll help me see to that."

"What is it you really want from me?" Stefan questions the Hybrid, walking up to him.

"All will be explained in time." He smirks vaguely. "Once we leave this tragic little town."

"Then, are we done here? Can we go?" The older Salvatore asks impatiently.

"Not quite." He answers. "You see, I have a gift for you." He says. "Come here, sweetheart. Don't be afraid."

Stefan and Castiana look as a girl walks over to them from behind a crate as Klaus looks at Stefan.

"See, I wanna make sure you honor our deal... that you'll be of use to me." Klaus explains, biting the girls neck as he drinks her blood. "I could have compelled her to behave, but a real rippah enjoys the hunt." He smirks as he retracts from the girl.

Releasing her, the girl runs away and screams. Stefan is quick to stop her, biting her roughly as he drinks from her until she's dead as Klaus watches him.

"Now we can go." He says.