It's the Fire Whiskey talking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The headline the next day was 'Black, lethal criminal to free man.'

The Weasley house had never been more full.

Sirius, Remus, Hagrid, Tonks, Ron, Fred and George, Bill, Charlie, Arthur, Molly, Harry, Ginny, Hermione, Neville and his grandmother, Xenofelius, Luna, Dumbledore (how looked oddly sour when he thought no one was looking), McGonagall and Snape (to mostly everyone's anger) filled the house, then backyard after it got to crowded inside.

Everyone (minus Snape) was there to celebrate Sirius' release.

Everyone (again minus Snape) was laughing and smiling but no one more than Remus.

His smile lit up his normally sad and gaunt face making him look years younger.

Sirius was, as always, wrecking havoc.

At one point he created an 'illusion' of a cliff which turned out to actually be a cliff.

Ron was not pleased when he fell down the 100 or so miles before coming to an abrupt stop just above the ground just to fall again, hitting the ground with a thump.

Butterbeer was passed, jokes exchanged and memories remembered.

Ginny and Harry sat side by side, their hands intertwined as they listened to story's.

Try had all changed from their formal wear- or in Sirius's case, rags- to casual wear.

"Then James runs head first into the wall, again, and tries to make it look like he did it on purpose the he trips on his robes and falls face first onto the floor! All that because Lily kissed his cheek! You can only imagine what he was like after their first kiss!" Sirius said laughing.

Harry too laughed with everyone else.

If only he could freeze this moment in time and just stay there forever where everyone was laughing and smiling, eating, drinking and kissing.

But happiness could never be forever.

Because Harry could not pause this moment. Because this moment would end and a new one would take it's place. Because that's how the world worked.

Because one moment everything was perfect and the next, it wasn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The party didn't end till late.

On the insistence of Dumbledore the six Hogwarts students were to stay the night and return to the castle the next day.

Harry tipsily walked with Ginny up the stairs.

They'd both had two glasses of fire whiskey and were only slightly intoxicated.

"Night Gin." Harry said, a crooked smile on his face.

"Night Harry." She sloppily kissed his cheek before stumbled into her room.

"You really love her don't you." Someone said.

Harry turned to see Sirius leaning against the weak railing.

Harry nodded.

"Oh yea."

"You know, you too look so much like your mother and father did when they started dating. The same look in your eyes, the same mannerisms, it's like looking into the past."

Harry smiled sadly.

"You know what? Ever since I was kid I used to believe that my mum and dad just roamed the earth watching over me keeping me safe. Invisible sure, but there. I used to get these warm, happy chills. I still believe it to this day you know. And I just know their smiling down at us and my dad is just itching to drop a water balloon on on your head."

Harry wasn't sure why he said that. It was his deepest kept secret. It was probably the the fire whiskey talking.

Hopefully Sirius was too intoxicated to remember anything.

Sirius smiled.

"I think you're right."

He ruffled Harry's hair before unsteadily made his way to Bills room.

Harry stared after his godfather.

"I think you're right." Harry whispered to no one.

He looked up and smiled.

"I miss you guys." Harry whispered.

"I'll see you again one day."

With that, he left to his own room, falling asleep to the loud sound of Ron's snores.

(Whoosh! Hey cupcakes! Sorry for the late (and short) update I feel bad. I just have a crap load of homework and meh. But this was just a filler Chapter. Get ready for some action )

~ mysecret_mindplace