The Cave Pt. 1

The strom raged on as Harry and Dumbledore began walking towards the large rock.

"It's a rock." Harry said flatly.

"Ah but Harry. It is not."

Harry stood impatiently, the wind clawing through his clothes, the rain plastering his clothes and hair to him.

A cold shiver went over him.

"Sir, not to be rude, but why are we staring at a wall while the rain drenches us?"

"Because I am trying to figure out how to get into the cave Harry."

"Did you read the inscription?"

"What inscription?"

"The one on the wall."

"Oh."

This was the first time Harry had ever seen the professor as a bit of an idiot.

*Quench my thirst of pain.*

"Blood." Harry said.

"It wants blood? Why blood?"

"Voldemort thinks in weird ways Harry."

Dumbledore lifted a blade to his hand and cut a long gash in his old wrinkled hand.

He smeared his blood onto the wall and, with a shuddering crunch, the rock splits open revealing a cave.

"Come now. Before it closes."

Sighing, Harry followed Dumbledore into the dimly lit cave

~~~~~~~~~~

"No matter what I say, no matter what I do, don't stop giving it to me you hear?"

Harry nods.

"Yes sir."

And so, Harry begins to feed the professor the potion to empty the basin to retrieve the locket at the bottom.

~~~~~~~~~~

"P-Please! Stop!"

Harry continued to feed the professor the potion without a twing of guilt or any sort of negative feeling.

It was quite the opposite.

He felt glee in seeing the back stabbing professor wither and scream pain.

'This would have been Sirius. Karmas a bitvh.'

When the last drop of liquid had entered the professors mouth Harry grabbed the locket and stuffed it into his light jacket.

But, the second the locket left the basin, pale, vein covered bodies began crawling there way onto the small island.

'Inferi. What did Hermione say on Inferi!? Something about light? Fire! That's it! They're scared of fire!'

Just as he got his phoenix wand into his hand, a pale, slimy dead one grabbed his ankle.

"Arrg!" Harry yelled, fumbling with his wand, before he dropped it onto the slippery, smooth rocks.

Rain continued to pound down, obscuring his vision as more and more inferi found their way onto the small island.

Harry thrashed against the things grasp, but more and more latched onto him.

They continued to pull him towards the lake, his struggles useless.

Over the torrent of the wind, he could almost make out words.

"Water."

"Water."

If Harry could have face palmed, he would have.

The old professor was in no way helping with groans for water.

Just as he was about to be pulled into the black murky water, a gust of wind, knocked his wand off the sharp rocks and it tumbled down the rocky slop towards his outstretched hand.

He caught the end of the wand seconds before he was pulled under.

The cold was unbearable. An icy feeling tore through his limbs, leaving them stiff and in pain.

The air was quickly leaving his lungs.

When he tried to take a breath all he got was a mouth full of fowl tasting, ice cold water.

With a final burst of energy, he pointed his wand at the closest inferi, and, even though it was unheard beneath the waves of lake, "INCENDIO!"

Flames burst from his wand hitting three in the face and chasing several others away.

Harry kicked towards the surface of the lake and scrambled onto the small island, his hands scraped red from the stones.

They kept coming, their pale, veiny, slimy bodies making disgusting noises as they crawled in a very spiderlike fashion towards Harry.

With adrenaline running through his body, he couldn't feel the cold anymore. In fact, he felt a little to warm.

"Incendio!" He yelled again.

A ring or fire blocked him and the professor from the evil undead/dead things.

"Water." The professor croaked again.

"Oh for the love of God."

Harry was forced to stop the fire spell to pour water into the professors mouth.

Again, slimy hands gripped his ankle.

"Bloody hell." He groaned, turning around best he could with an undead thing gripping his ankle.

"INCENDIO!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~