The Greater Good

Harry and Ron were woken at six by Ginny who dragged them both out of bed.

By the time they'd gotten out of bed they only had twenty minutes before class began.

Harry pulled on a black shirt, jeans and a cloak before picking picking up his rucksack filled with clothes and notes from the court day.

"Bye Sirius!" Harry yelled, racing to the fire place.

"Hug!" Sirius ordered.

Harry hugged him quickly before jumping into the emerald flames.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Harry! Heard orders your Godfather! Is it true that you and Granger were like, lawyers, for him?" Dean Thomas asks.

Harry nods.

"Yup. All thanks to Hermione's brilliance and elaborate plans."

Dean laughs before waving goodbye to the three friends and walking away.

"Where's Ginny?" Ron asks.

"She's usually glued to you after classes."

Harry laughs and shoves Ron.

"She's got Owls this year. She's studying."

Ron laughs.

"She'll pass with flying colours. She's got Hermione on her case."

Hermione glares at him.

"Well excuse me from trying to help my friend. But if it wasn't for me you two wouldn't have passed either."

"We're not idiots Hermione. We could have passed just fine without your help."

"Right! You two are the biggest slackers I've ever seen!"

"Oh that's rich! I swear-!"

"Merlin you two! Just kiss, admit you like each other and save me a headache!"

Harry shoved them into an empty classroom and slammed the door closed.

He stormed back to the Gryffindor common and collapsed next to Ginny.

"What's up with you?" Ginny asked, smirking.

"Your bloody brother and Hermione. She may be smart but she's so stupid."

Hermione and Ron came back late, their clothes rumpled and big smiles on their faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Minerva." Dumbledore snapped.

"I told you specifically not to let Harry and his friends get Sirius out if jail! He has to be angry Minerva!"

"You don't think he already is? He murdered his parents! Of course he's angry!"

Dumbledore slammed his fist on the old desk.

"Not angry enough! Is it truly so bad for ONE person to get the dementors kiss then for millions to die?"

McGonagall shook her head.

"I thought you changed Albus. You and Gellert and your ' greater good'. Is your old lover coming back to haunt you Albus? Even you hurt him in the end with your greater good."

"Don't you dare bring up Gellert. It's what I had to do Minerva. Now that is enough. Harry will be here soon. We wouldn't want us to hear, now would we?"

But Harry had already heard.

Harry, with his hands shaking with rage, turned on his heel and marched away from Dumbledore's office.

How could he?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's mind was reeling.

'I trusted the old fool and he-he does this!'

His hands were clammy, his vision fuzzy and his head pounding with rage.

"Harry! Harry!"

Harry turned down towards the voice to see a small third year Hufflepuff boy.

"What?"

"Professor Dumbledore wants to see you in his office."

Harry bit his lip.

"Thanks."

Harry turned around and marched back toward the headmasters office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Professor." He said curtly, stuffing down his rage.

"Harry, so good to see you. Did you forget?"

"Yea. Sorry sir. I was just a little busy."

"That's alright. But today, we have a little excursion."

(Hey cupcakes! 3k read holy Hera I love you guys!)