wake up

We eventually manage to drift off to sleep but a torrent of images attack my sleeping mind.

I’m frozen to the ground and it’s like my eyes have been forced open, making me watch every image. I see blood dripping down my arms into puddles that congeal. To my right is a horrific sight of a mountain of bodies. Each body is mutilated with missing limbs, eyes and ears. Some of the bodies are burnt beyond recognition and others have had the skin peeled off their bodies until their organs spill out.

The sight has me wanting scream in horror and I want to crumple to the ground but I’m not on control of my body anymore. Instead I laugh and clap my hands together as if enjoying the show.

As I watch the bloody scene around me I know that Ruka is sending me these pictures in my dreams. Even with this knowledge I can’t seem to be able to break out of it.

I watch on helpless as I walk up to the mountain of bodies my gaze wandering over the carnage as if I’m glancing at a patch of flowers.

I’m about to scream when the picture dissolves and is replaced by another. It takes me a moment to realise where I am or what’s going on. Like the previous time Ruka is in control again and I’m just a passenger in my own body.

This time I watch as Ruka/me is driving a car. A little boy is walking along a footpath and my hands jerk as I steer the car up onto the footpath. I try to shut my eyes as the boy disappears under the car.

My stomach coils up at what I’ve just done and I every part of me wants to scream and cry. I can feel my mind going insane from the killing and the feeling of knowing I’ve ended another humans life. Yet even as these thoughts threaten to overwhelm I can feel Ruka smiling and hear her using my vocal cords to laugh.

The car slides to a stop and begins to disintegrate I watch as the rest of the scenery melts down around me and suddenly I’m in a dark room.

I want to know what’s around me. I need to know what horror Ruka’s about to show me. Instead I hear a moan and my sense finally turn on. My eyes adjust and I can feel a hand on my back.

Another hand joins the first one and suddenly I’m on a bed. Lips connect with mine and I can feel the cool air on my skin as my shirt is ripped off. I watch helpless as Ruka controls my body, running my hands over the chest of the unknown guy.

He lowers his body until he’s covering me completely and warmth fills me. I give a groan and he groans in return while moaning “Cleo.”

My body keeps on touching and kissing him but my mind is freaking out, Ruka is showing me an image of Winter and I having sex?

I can hear my own voice and Ruka replies “Winter, Cleo has been gone for a long time, it’s only me now.”

Winter kisses my lips again before saying “ Oh, Ruka, God I love you.”

My blood runs cold as his words hit me. He doesn’t care that it’s not me anymore. The thought of him touching my body while knowing its Ruka has disgust filling me and my hatred for Ruka has intensified.