Chapter 4

Haley's POV

Third and fourth period go by without many problems. Blayne was glaring at me with daggers in his eyes. Dylan flirting with girls and saying perverted things to me. Kyle joking around with Alex, and Jared just sitting there silently. After fourth period is lunch. 

Finally, I can get away from these boys, even if it's only for forty-five minutes.

I buy my lunch and make my way to one of the empty lunch tables in the back corner of the cafeteria. Hopefully, by sitting back here, no one will notice me. While I am eating my lunch, I notice five girls gathering around another girl. They're calling her names, and then one of the girls spills her lunch on her. The five girls and most of the people around them start laughing as the girl runs out of the cafeteria crying. I want to go to her. I want to help her. But I can't. I will just cause her more problems, and I need to stay invisible. I'm so caught up in my own thought, that I don't even notice the whole cafeteria go quiet. Out of nowhere, Kyle sits down next to me followed by his four friends. Blayne seems beyond pissed to be over here. Everyone and I mean everyone in the cafeteria is looking at our table.

Once again. So much for being invisible

"Why are sitting by yourself?" Kyle asks.

Really what are they doing here? I get being stuck in their group for our classes. But come on... lunch... really? Ugh. You can't tell me that I have to be stuck with them at lunch also.

"Just trying to enjoy the break," I respond back.

"Let's go," Blayne says sternly while looking at me.

There's no way he's telling me to go with them.

I sit there just staring at him blankly. He must be talking to his friends. Suddenly he waves his hands in my face and rudely says. "Hello, Haley. Get up and follow us. NOW!"

"And why the fuck would I go with y'all?" I say I as snap out of my thoughts

"Because if you don't come with us now then you will have to come to our place after school?"

"I don't have to go anywhere with anyone" I spat.

"We have an assignment to work on for Social Development" He growls.

"We have eight fucking months to work on it, why do we need to start it today?"

"I'm not going to fail a class because of some stupid bitch." He says in a deadly tone.

"Ohh...The bad boy cares about his grades." I mocked.

"Actually..." Alex interject this time. "We are all straight-A students. Well... besides Dylan." He laughs.

"Oh!" I whisper.

"So, can you follow us?" Kyle asks nicely.

"Umm. I guess." I say unsurely. I really don't want to go with them, but I'll go with them if means I can avoid having to see them after school for as long as possible. Plus, while I don't care about Blayne or Dylan's grades, Kyle and Alex seem okay and I would hate to be the cause of them getting a bad grade. Jared on the other hand, I still don't know what to think of him. He hasn't said a single thing to me.

I follow the guys out of the cafeteria. I see the five girls who were bullying the other girl earlier, staring at me. If looks could kill, I'm pretty sure I would be six feet under right now.

I quickly follow behind the guys until they enter a utility closet.

"Umm, I'm not going into a small closet with five boys," I say.