Chapter 21

Blayne's POV

Right now, Jared hugging Kadance is pissing me off. Who does he think he is? The first time he's ever spoke to her was a couple days ago and now he's being overly protective of her. What the hell is that about? After their hug, he leaves the room but not before bumping into my shoulder really hard. What hell is his problem?

I'm about to leave the room too, because of how angry I am but then Kadance calls out to me, "Blayne?"

"Yeah?" I say, but I still can't look at her because I'm so filled with anger. She didn't do anything wrong, but the thought of her hugging another guy feel me with rage. I shouldn't be mad. She nothing more than a friend to me, but the feelings I have for her aren't the type of feeling that I get for friends.

"Can you stay with me please?" What? My princess wants me to stay with her. To say that I am shocked would be an understatement. She actually wants me to stay with her.

I feel the anger melt away from me. "Of course, Princess."

I lay on her bed with her and wrap my arms around her. She fits so perfectly. Once I know she's asleep I whisper in her ear. "Princess, I am going to make you mine." Her being in my arms makes me so happy. I haven't felt this way in a long time, and I don't want the feeling to ever go away

I fall asleep with her in my arms, but I am woken up to my phone ringing at 2 something in the morning. It's an unknown number but I answer either way.

Blayne: Hello?

Unknown: Mr. Macintosh.

Blayne: Who is this?

Unknown: That doesn't matter. What matter is that you and your silly friends need to stay away from her.

Blayne: Who the fuck are you?

Unknown: Temper. Temper. Just take my warning like that other guy did and stay away from her. She. Is. Mine!

Blayne: She is not yours! I will not stay away from her.

Unknown: You will, and she will come running back to me either way. You see, I have something that belongs to her, and trust me when I say she wouldn't want to see it get hurt.

The unknown caller then hangs up on me before I can say anything else. Rage and anger fill me to my core. I unwrap my arms from Kadance and pull the blanket up on her, before I quietly exit her room.

I run downstairs to the gym, because it's sound proof and I make a phone call without disturbing anyone else. I'm going to call Jace and find out what the hell is going on.

I dial Jace's phone and he answers immediately. "Hello? Blayne? Did something happen to Kadance?" He says frantically. Wow it almost sounds like he's actually scared for her.

"Stop the fucking act!" I hiss.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You left her to save yourself. You selfish son of a bitch. You never cared about her."

"What the fuck are you talking about? I plenty care about her. She's my world." He growls through the phone

"Then why did you leave her? What did he threaten you with?" I scream. I'm tired of this game that he's playing now.

"Who are you talking about, Blayne?"

"I got a phone call from an unknown number saying me and my friends need to stay away from her. That we should take his warning like the other guy did. Like you did, Jace."

Jace is silent a moment before he answers. "I have no clue what you are talking about. I love her, Blayne. I always have. I would do anything to protect her. You got to believe me." Sadly, I do believe him. I can hear it in his voice on how much he loves her and really has no clue what's going on.

"You lo-love her?" I now feel sick to my stomach. He can't love her. I love her. Wait. Love? I don't love her. Maybe like.

He sighs, "Yes, I love her. Let me guess you have feelings for her too?"

How am I supposed to respond to that? "Uhh... Right now, that's not important. Someone is after her, and they said you took their warning."

"I swear it wasn't me. Fuck..." He trails off.

"What?"

"I bet it was my brother. He was never a fan of Kadance. He still hasn't told me why I am even here. He just keeps telling me I need to be here for about a month."

"What do you mean?"

"The guy who you talked to must have gotten a hold of my brother. Brandon knew I was with Kadance. Well he still only knows her has Haley, but you know what I mean."

"What do we do now?"

"I'm packing my stuff now and I will be heading your direction. Just don't let her leave the house."

After hanging up with Jace, I run upstairs and quietly and wake up all the guys so that we can talk downstairs without waking up Kadance. She already has enough to worry about she doesn't need to know that whoever is after her is now getting a hold of us.

****************

Unknown POV

"Boss, we know where she is staying."

"Good! I think it's time to send her and little friends a message."

"What do you want me to do?" I say through the phone.

"The guy she was with last night, cut the breaks to his car."

"What if she is with him in the car when he drives?"

"She won't be. They aren't going to let her leave the house, because it's too dangerous. This will send them all a message."

"Okay, Boss. Anything else?"

"Yes. If you catch her alone, take her."

"What if she puts up a fight?"

"Just mention Mason." Then the line goes dead.