Chapter 14

Haley's POV

We decided to head to the guys' place. I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about my life, but I know the guys and Jace deserve to know the truth. I sit on the couch while all six guys stare at me waiting for me to speak.

I take a deep breath in and start my story. Well at least most of my story. There are some secrets that should remain hidden. "I'm not who any of you think I am. My name isn't Haley." All the guys look at me confused, but I can see the hurt in Jace's eyes. "My name is Kadance Kane. When I was little my family lived next door to another family who had a son two years older than me. Our families became really close and so did me and their son, Ryan. What started out as childhood friendship grew into something more. He would tell me how we were going to the spend the rest of our lives together and start a family one day. I believed him at the time, even though we were super young. He was kind of obsess with me, but I didn't realize it at the time. He would get upset with me when I would spend time with my parents instead of him, but I thought it was just because he loved and missed me. One night I was staying with him and his family because my parents wanted to have a date night." I feel a tear slip down my face as I remember that night. "On the way home from their date, they were in a crash. They were killed instantly. My entire family was gone. My mom and dad were both only children, and my grandparents are all deceased. I should have been put in foster care, but Ryan's family took me in. Shortly after moving in with Ryan's family, we officially became a couple. I was happy at first, but he started changing. His whole family changed. Ryan started becoming super possessive of me. I wasn't allowed to hang out with other guys or have any guy friends. One day he caught me helping a new guy at school find his class, and he hit me. He said I was flirting with the guy. I wasn't, I swear, but he didn't believe me. It escalated quickly after that. I wasn't allowed to have any friends at all." Jace squeezes my hand giving me support to finish my story. "The first few times Ryan hit me, he would apologize and promised not to do it again, but it always happened again. Always. Eventually, he told me it was my own fault for him treating me this way. That he cared more for me than I cared for him. He said if I was a good girlfriend, I wouldn't make him mad. Him hitting me was teaching me how to be a good girlfriend. His parents knew what was going on and they agreed with him. Ryan's father called me to his office one night and told me that the men in his family always get what they want and that it would be better for me to learn that sooner than later. He said Ryan wanted me, and he would do whatever it takes to make sure his son's wishes were met. He then beat me that night. After that I was never allowed out of sight from Ryan's family. I couldn't go anywhere without Ryan or his parents. I had to dress the way they wanted me too. If I even looked at another guy, I would be beat. If I talked to any of my girl-friends I was punished."

Kyle hugs me, trying to offer comfort, "It's okay. You're with us now. We won't let anything happen to you."

"Kyle, it's not okay. They're dangerous. The first time I ran away, they found me." I'm sobbing uncontrollably now. "They had people track me down and bring me back. I was beaten and told that I belong to them. They let me know how dangerous they really are. My parents' car accident wasn't an accident. Ryan's dad had my parents killed because Ryan wanted me to belong to him and my parents stood in his way. Ryan's parent had causally brought the topic up of Ryan and I having an arranged marriage, but my parents thought they were joking. Who has arranged marriages now day? My parents laughed it off and it got them killed. He will do anything to get me back. That's why I changed my name. That's why I don't want friends. I will just put everyone in danger. I can't keep losing the people I care about. A little over two years ago it became too much for me to handle, and I ran away. I couldn't take it anymore. That's when I met Jace."

I look around at the guys. Alex and Dylan leave the room quickly unable to find words to say to me, Kyle looks at me with worry, Jared is clenching and unclenching his fist and Blayne is just staring at me emotionless. Jace has tears in his eyes but engulfs me in a hug. "I'm so sorry." He whispers in my ear. "I wish you would have told me sooner." He continues to hug me until his phone rings. "It's my brother, I have to take it."

Kyle and Jared soon walk out of the room leaving me and Blayne alone. Blayne moves to sit next to me on the couch. "Princess?"

I'm shocked by him still calling me Princess, but don't argue against it this time. "Huh?"

"There's still more to that story, isn't there?" I don't say a word but nod my head to confirm his question. "You're not going to tell us, are you?"

"I-I can't" I whisper as my hands tremble. He kisses my forehead and pulls me into a hug, and we stay there until Jace asks to speak to Blayne alone.

Jace's POV

As I hug Haley, Wait do I call her Haley or Kadance? I want to kill the people who hurt. I'm still trying to process everything she just told us. I knew things were bad, but I didn't realize how bad. I know she's still hiding stuff, but this isn't the time to poke and prod her about what else she is hiding. My phone starts ringing. It's my brother. I step out to have some privacy. He never calls unless it's something important.

Jace: Hello.

Brandon (Jace's Brother): Hey.

Jace: What's going on?

Brandon: I need you to come and watch the gym for a few weeks.

Jace: This is a really bad time.

Brandon: I really need you, Jace. It's an emergency.

Jace: Fine but give me two days.

Brandon: Okay, thanks lil' bro.

Fuck. What am I supposed to do about Kadance? I can't bring her with me, and she doesn't need to be alone.

I have an idea but hate the thought of it. Maybe she can stay with these guys until I get back. Once I get back, I will take her far away from here where her ex can never hurt her again. I go to talk to Blayne, but my heart drops when I see him hugging her. Asking him to let her stay here is for protection. I try telling myself that he's only hugging her to comfort her, but it doesn't help the feeling that I have in my stomach. I should be the only one comforting her.

"Blayne, can I talk to in private for a moment?" I call out to him.

"Yeah, sure." He says as he breaks apart from his hug with Kadance.

As he walks towards me, I rub the back of my neck. "I have a favor to ask of you."

"Okay?" He says looking at me suspiciously.

"I have to go out of town for a few weeks, I was wondering if she could stay with y'all?"

"Of course, but I don't know if she will want to stay here."

"That's why I'm coming to you first. I don't want to give her a choice. She doesn't need to be alone."

"I understand. We will protect her." Blayne says.

"You better." I say sternly. "I guess we should tell her."

Blayne's POV.

I can't believe Jace is asking if she can stay here. Of course, I want her to stay here. I just never thought he would allow it, but it's more shocking that it's his idea. My princess is going to be staying here.

"I understand. We will protect her." I tell Jace.

"You better. I guess we should tell her." Jace says sternly.

"First, Let's tell the guys." I call the guys down to the kitchen while Kadance is watching T.V. in the living room.

Once the guys get downstairs, Jace and I explain to them how we think Kadance should stay here with me and the guys while Jace goes out of town. All the guys are fine with it. Now we just have to tell Kadance.

We walk into the living and hesitantly Jace starts the conversation. "Haley eh Kadance?"