Burning

-Will pov-

"Okay, I know this is going to help YN. But why does this seem like we're sacrificing her?" Max asks as we all turn to look at YN.

We had taken her outside and bacicly built a big bonfire over and around her. El had helped bring YN out using her powers, and YN automatically dried off.

I sigh and watch as the fire turns purple. The bottom part of the fire a light blue, the hottest part of the fire. And the purple is slightly cooler than the blue, but hotter than a normal flame.

"Hey, anyone want to make a s'more?" Lucas says as he walks out of my house with some marshmallows.

"No, not really. I mean, you would eat a marshmallow you roasted over your friends body?" Max asks.

Lucas stops and Mike looks at her. "That just sounds wrong." Mike says.

"Ya. But that's how it is." She says.

"Hey guys! When did she turn purple?" Jonathan asks walking out of the woods holding some wood.

"Just a few minutes ago. She's getting hotter to burn it fast." I say.

"Will, she may be your girlfriend. But we don't want to hear you go on about how hot you think your girlfriend is." Lucas says.

I blush and look at the ground. "Shut up Lucas." I mutter.

"Will! Phone call for you!  . . . .It's Dustin!" Mom calls.

My eyes widen and I look at Mike.

"Oh shit." We say before we run into the house.

I grab the phone from Mom and look at Mike.

"D-Dustin, hey." I say after clearing my voice.

"WHY DIDN'T YN CALL ME?! AND WHY HAS SHE BEEN AT YOUR HOUSE THE LAST TWO DAYS?!" Dustin yells through the phone.

I glance up at Mike and Lucas, before looking at El and Max.

'What do I say?' I mouth.

' The truth!' Max says as Mike and Lucas nod.

I nod and clear my throat again.

"Well, Y-YN. . . . She got sick. And She almost burnt your house down. So we took her to mine, and now we are letting her burn off her sickness." I say quickly.

Dustin stays silent and I start sweating slightly.

"Why is my sister sick?" He asks, a little calmer than before.

I look at them and they shrug. "We're not sure right now. A-all we know is that she is sick. And that she's literally on fire."

Dustin goes silent again and I hear him take a deep breath in. "Did you do anything to make the fire hotter, or did you set her on fire with gasoline?" He asks.

"No no no! She had passed out when I had went to her house, and she was already on fire! We put the fire out a few times and brought her here and now she's on fire again. And she's controlling the temperature. . . . . Right now it's as hot as it can get. Blue flames completely now."

I hear him sigh. "Then tell me when she's better. Or if she gets worse. But I will be calling DAILY to make sure she's okay. So you better answer!" He says.

"Ye-yes of course. Talk to you tomorrow."

"Ya, tomorrow. Bye." And he hangs up.

I sigh in relief and put the phone back on the wall.

"Well, that went well." Lucas says.

"Ya, better than I thought it would. I thought he would have at least threatened Will." Max says before she walks away.

"WILL!"

I hear Jonathan yell, and I walk to the front door quickly. I open my mouth to say something, but notice how dark it was.

I look over to where the bonfire around YN was, only to find it not on fire anymore.

"She's not on fire anymore." I say.

"El, can you get the wood off of her?" Mike asks.

El nods and we all walk over to the stack of wood that's around YN.

"You boys should turn around. Just in case." Nancy says coming up from behind us holding a blanket.

I frown and I open my mouth to ask why when it suddenly dawns on me. I turn my back to the wood and hear Mike, Lucas and Jonathan do that same.

I hear the wood begin to move, each one groaning and creaking as they separate.

"Oh my god." I hear Nancy and Max say together.

Nancy unfolds the blanket and moves past me. My worry shoots up and I feel the urge to turn and look.

"What, what happened? Is she okay?" I ask quickly.

"She doesn't seem to be hurt, mostly covered with soat and dirt. Her clothes were almost completely burned off though. Guess they weren't ment for very hot flames." Nancy says.

"Then why did you and Max say 'oh my god'? Because it didn't sound good!" I say panicking.

"She's just . . . . Different." Max says.

I frown and see Nancy walk past me with YN in a blanket in her arms. I blink and walk after them.

"What do you mean different?" I ask Max who somehow got in front of me.

She looks over her shoulder and shrugs. "She just is."

Nancy walks into the bathroom and sets YN in the now empty tub. I try to see YN but Max and Nancy block me.

"Will, get your Mom. We'll need her help cleaning YN up. And get some of your clothes to wear. You'll see her after she's clean and awake." Nancy says to me.

I frown and nod, glancing at the tub before turning around and walking away.

-Max pov-

I walk behind Will and glance at El. "El, come here."

She walks away from Mike, who gets up to walk behind her. "Not you Mike. I just need to talk to El."

He freezes and frowns, and I grab El's hand.

"Don't tell them about YN. Let it be a surprise." I say to her.

She frowns and shakes her head. "Why?"

I roll my eyes. "Because it's a surprise, and that would ruin it."

"But friends don't lie." She says.

I nod. "I know that. But it's a surprise, and technically we aren't lying if we refuse to tell them. Besides, they are going to find out when YN is awake anyways. So just don't say anything about it okay?"

She nods. "Okay."

I smile and we walk back into the living room, and sit on the couch.

'Now we wait.'

♤Ohhh, something happened to YN! What is it? Another limb, eye, or maybe something completely different!! Find out next chapter!
Hope you liked this chapter.

Later ya Flayed.
-Astrid♤