Codes and Words

-Your pov-

"You did it! You cracked the secret Russian code!!" I say as I hug Robin.

"Yeah, but what does it say?" Dustin asks.

Robin picks up the piece of paper and clears her throat.

"The week is long. The silver cat feeds when blue meets yellow in the west. A trip to China sounds nice if you tread lightly." Robin says.

We go silent and I look at Dustin.

"That makes no sense what so ever."

He nods but smiles. "But we cracked the code!"

~mini Time Skip~

"Give me a quarter!" Steve says to Robin.

"Alright alright."

Dustin sighs. "Steve, now is not the time to ride the horse."

Steve rolls his eyes and puts the coins in and the mechanical horse turns on, along with some music.

My eyes widen as I hear the Daisy Bell song come on, and I stare at Steve.

"That-that plays in the background." I whisper.

Steve nods and smirks slightly. Dustin's eyes widen and he gasps.

"Their in Hawkins."

~Time skip~

"Dustin, I'll be back! I'm going to go visit Will!" I say through the door as I put my raincoat on.

He opens the door and I glance at Mom's door, hoping we didn't wake her. "Alright, but be careful. Make sure to have your light turned on. And be back before-"

"-8 I know Dusty. Good night." I say and give him a smile.

He smiles back and hugs me. "Goodnight."

We let go and I head for the front door, opening and closing it quietly. I turn the key, locking the door behind be, before stepping out into the rain with my hood on. I grab my bike and start heading towards Will's.

Only to find no one home...

"Must be at Mikey's basement." I say to myself as I stop banging on the front door.

I grab my bike and get back on it and head to Mike's, hoping that Will is there.

~Time Skip~

Tired and drained from riding my bike through the rain, I finally reach the Wheeler's house.

I knock on the door, ditching my bike in the garage near the other ones. I walk back out to the front door and knock, and thankfully Mrs. Wheeler, opens the door.

"YN! I was wondering if you were going to come over. Will's I'm the basement with Mike and Lucas. And let me take your coat, I don't want you to catch a cold." She says as I walk in.

I smile while thinking. 'I can't catch colds, cause I'll just burn it off before I notice I have it.'

I hand her the my coat, folding it by the collar so that she only has to touch the dry parts. She smiles kindly at me and I return it, before walking to the basement door.

I open it and start walking down the stairs. I notice that they were looking at Will who was taking off his wizard robes. "Guys?" I say softly.

But it's like I wasn't heard, and I was, I'll admit, a little hurt that I was acknowledged.