Chapter 3

You were awoken by the feeling of someone gently nudging you, your eyes fluttered open then you shoot up head butting the person who drew you out of your sleep. The two of you groan at the pain now growing in your heads.

"Jesus!" Steve groaned "I'll know next time not to wake you up."

"Shit I'm so sorry, are you alright?" You asked, you rubbed your forehead then looked at Steve with a sad expression.

"Hey it's okay, it's not that bad." He looked at you but something told him that that wasn't why you were sad. "You thought it was all a dream, huh?" There was a little bit of disappointment in his voice.

"I don't mean to sound horrible but I kind of did think I would wake up in my own bed and be in my own time with my parents and friends." You sighed, you didn't want to hurt his feelings. The doorbell rang snapping the two of you out of the silence, Steve got up to answer it and you were left alone feeling a bit guilty that you might have hurt his feelings. Nancy followed Steve up to his room and you hadn't moved at all since he left.

"Good morning Y/n, I brought you some clothes I figured you would prefer jeans." She put the folded clothes down in front of you and you mumbled a thank you. They left you to get dressed and Steve explained to Nancy that you hoped this was all a dream. You met them downstairs and they gave you a friendly smile that you returned at you returned. "You look gorgeous Y/n, Do you wanna ride with Me and Johnathan or Steve?" Nancy had some kind of hint in her voice to make you go with Steve but that's what you were going to do anyway.

"I was going to go with Steve, it's only fair." You smile at the ground. 'Since when did I become a giddy little school girl again?' You thought to yourself. "I'll give the school a phone then what's their number." Nancy gave you the number for the school and you used Steve's phone. "Hi, My daughter just recently moved to Hawkins and we're hoping she could attend the school here? Her name is Y/n L/n she is 17... We're hoping she could start today? Magic thank you very much." You hung up and smiled at your new friends. "Piece of cake." You shrugged happily and you walked out the front door, waving at Johnathan as you headed to what you assumed was Steve's car.

Steve unlocked the car and you jumped in the passenger side, he followed not long behind. You looked out the window at some of the houses and some kinds on their way to school which brought a smile to your face, everyone knew each other.

"Are you feeling any better?" Steve's voice pulled you out of your transe, you turned to look at him with a smile.

"I'm still confused but I don't feel upset as I was this morning. I'm sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention."

"Pfft, I wasn't offended. To be honest I would have hoped it would be a dream if I woke up in a totally different place." He assured you. "What's it like? In 2019 I mean." You looked at him with a smile.

"Honestly it's a shithole and a mess." You both broke into laughter. "I'm serious, 2019 has the shittiest music and it's coping other decades like 80's & 90's mostly." You slumped into the seat.

"Kinda does sound like crap. All I can say is enjoy it here while you still can." His voice got quieter as he spoke but you heard him, you nodded and looked out the window as Steve pulled up at the school. In silence the two of you climbed out of the car and headed towards the school.

"So I'll head to the principal's office and I'll meet up with you, Nancy and or Johnathan." You confirmed and Steve nodded giving you directions to the offices

You left the office with a smile then you looked down at your schedule. 'Free first then English not so bad.' You thought as you walk down the empty hall. You notice that the lights started flickering then the cut off and you heard it again.

"Y/n? Where are you!?" You stood still then looked around to find the person who the voice belonged to, well you know it's Chloe's but where is she?

"Oi I'm talking to you." An annoying voice cut you out and the lights were on again and the corridor was semi full.

"Great what do you two want now." You looked at Tommy and Carol with a bored expression, you were close to losing your patience with them. "Actually don't answer that and let me make something clear." You square up to the two of them. "Leave me the fuck alone or you two will be the next two missing but this time no one will fucking find you." You threatened but they took the hint, you shoulder barged passed them and as you walked passed you wiped your nose, you hadn't even noticed that you got a nose bleed and you hardly got those. Like you always do, you shrug it off and head to second period.

"Class this is our new student Miss Y/n L/n, do your best to make her feel welcome." You gave a slight awkward wave and the teacher directed you to a seat at the back of the class. Just how you liked it. You took this time to look at your surroundings: posters on the walls about english techniques and Shakespeare quotes, some students weren't paying attention like the blue eyed mullet wearing man-whore who's attention was on you. Billy smirked then winked at you earning him a scoff and an eye roll from you however it did make you smile a little bit but you know better than to mess around with guys like him some things never change. At the party Nancy told you about Billy and it's not a surprise to you really, his whole demeanor screams confidence and that he can have anyone he wants.

Before you knew it the bell rang for break and you packed your stuff and headed out the classroom as you walked out you felt weight on your shoulders literally, Billy threw his arm over your shoulders.

"Hi, can I help you." You turn your head to look up at him he looked down and smiled at you, not smirk smile. "Stop looking at me like that." You mumble looking away and you heard him chuckle, as you walked you noticed all the girls giving you dirty looks and Billy still didn't move his arm off you, you weren't gonna lie it was kinda nice. Down the hall you saw a familiar head of hair and it made you feel a little warm inside. "Steve!" Steve turned around and his face dropped a little when he saw Billy's arm around you.

"H-hey Y/n." Steve tried his best to ignore Billy but he just had to open his big ass mouth.

"Hey Pretty boy." Billy smirked and you looked between the two of them, you felt the tension thicken and you kinda felt something was going on with these two.

"I'm sorry I didn't realise your name was Y/n." You had to laugh at that and that earned you a glare from Billy.

"Sorry, that was pretty funny." You smiled but Billy rolled his eyes and walked off down the hall. "Oh come on Billy, I was only having a laugh." He ignored you and continued to walk away.

"Leave him be, he'll come back." Steve sighed.

"Steve you got a second? I have something I wanna talk about." Steve nodded. "Right you know when I was at yours I swore I heard my best friend Chloe?" He nodded again. "Well it happened again but this time something different happened when I heard it again the school became empty and the lights were flickering and all I heard was my name being called."

"So what are you thinking?" Steve wasn't sure of what to make of your situation.

"I don't know I just don't know what the heck is going on!" You sighed it was driving you mad-

"Is she stable?"

"Stable and secure, sir."

You looked around frantically at the two new voices you heard but these ones weren't recognisable, you never heard these voices in your life. Steve recognised your distress.

"Do you hear her again." You shook your head and your nose was bleeding again.

"I never heard these people before, ever and what is up with my fucking nose it keeps bleeding." You wipe your nose again for the second time today.

"That is quite strange, what did they say?"

"Is she stable? Stable and Secure." You repeat the voices to Steve and he looked at you with concern.

"I think we need to see the party asap."