Chapter 2🏹

For dinner was lamb stew. I couldn't help but think how much Katniss would love the food we're eating. Hugo just kept stuffing it in his mouth. I assumed he was trying to gain weight but knew he would be throwing up later. I loved it but couldn't eat a that much.

After dinner I went to take a shower even though I had taken about ten, at least, already today. I put on my pajamas and lay down.

After about three hours I gave up on sleep and went out to get fresh air but found Hugo's door open, voices coming from inside. my curiosity nagged at me but I still went onto the deck. about five minutes later a Avox came out and gave me a note. the note said that Hugo was requesting my assistance. I walked over to his room and slowly walked in. Sure enough Hugo was throwing up.

"What do you need?" I said slowly walking towards him.

"Water?" he mumbled. I went to get him water as he lay back down. After giving him the water I sit down on the bed beside him and put a damp towel to his forehead.

"Rich food on the first night can be tough. especially a lot of it." I say gently rubbing his back.

"I know. It just looked so good. I was hungry, always have bean."he quietly responds playing with my long, curly hair. I take his hand and hold it to my face. he flinches, apparently not used to human contact. Eventually I fall asleep by his feet.

The Next Morning

I wake up and Hugo is snoring. I giggle to myself, and notice that clothes has been set out for both of us. I walk into the bathroom and quickly change. When I walk out Hugo is still sleeping. I walk over to the bed and hop onto it. I Jump up and down repeatedly until I hear him moan. he puts a pillow over his ears then throws it at me. I throw it back and say, "We're gonna be late!".

I Walk out of his room into the dinning room. for breakfast there are cheesy biscuits, bacon and oatmeal. I also get a glass of orange juice. Hugo walks in still half asleep. he eats his breakfast fast and we race to the training center. we where two hours early and still the last ones there. after the trainer finishes explaining a few rules she lets us go.

"lets do knife throwing!" Hugo exclaims.

"No. do the survival skills like fire, plants, camouflage, fishing, and snare or trap setting. when your about to die knife throwing comes in like an instinct. trust me." I respond.

"Okay we'll do it your way." Hugo says sarcastically.

"What would you like to start with?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"snares." he responds walking over to the station. We walk over to the station and we are greeted with a friendly smile. he hadn't had anyone come to his station yet. I can do the snares really well thanks to Gale, Hugo on the other hand isn't doing to well.

"How are you so good at this." He asked.

"Years of practice and survival." I whisper back.

"Oh." he replies.

After doing all the survival skill stations we walk over on to knife throwing. Hugo is actually really good at throwing knifes. I could throw knives good enough to survive. I throw my first knife at the dummy's head and miss it. Then I hit its heart. Finally I Hit the shoulder of its upper right arm.

"You missed two of the three targets. You really think you could win this." I hear someone say behind me. I turn around and see four careers standing there smirking. the biggest one, I think his name is Copper, walks closer and crosses his arms in front of me.

I walk up to him and do the same, "Actually I did that on purpose." I reply. He snickers.

"Whats hitting someones arm gonna do? Its not like its that big of a deal." He retorts