Chapter 10

It takes a full day to move our old furniture into the new house. I have a small bed that I give to Gales family, since he has so many siblings. I do however is take my vanity and an old chair, along with my clothes and a lamp. 

I have two windows and a bed in between them. I put my vanity on the wall to the left and my lamp on the dresser that's already there. I put my chair in the giant closet with my clothes. I was given all the clothes that I wore before and after the games. All my dresses are lined up on one wall. On the next is my pants and shorts, along with one skirt. Then shirts and jackets on the last. I fold two sweaters and put them on a shelf. I put my moms old red shoes on the next, then a pair of hunting boots then some flats I got, both pairs of heels and two pairs of tennis shoes.

When I walk out I find my hunting knifes and arrows on my bed. I put them in the dresser. I also put some family pictures up on the top, next to the lamp. I don't have enough stuff to fill up most of my room. I was also gonna have to paint it. The clean white was like the walls in the capitol. I was gonna paint it green, like the woods.

When I walk down stairs I notice my mom putting stuff away in the kitchen. Marcus is still at the mines. On a normal day I would have gone to school, but nothing would ever be normal again. I walk out any ways. I Was wearing a pair of  shorts and a tank top. I also wear a pair of tennis shoes. I Walk out and take my brothers jacket off the hook. I walk out the door and to the school.

Everyone should be having lunch by now so I walk to the cafeteria. When I walk in No one notices me. I walk over to sit by Katniss and Gale. At first hey stare at me wide eyed. Then Katniss shrugs and finishes her food. 

"What are you-" Gale starts.

"I was bored. I missed routine, even if I was starving." I say. Gale nods.

"are you going, uh, on a walk after school." Gale asks, catching himself from saying to much. 

"No. I'm going to the bakery." I answer.

"Why are you working still? You're rich." Katniss asks.

"They just need the help." I shrug.

After about 15 minutes I leave. In the afternoon I walk to the bakery and grab an apron. Peeta's mom looks at me funny but I still go to work. Peeta walks in a few minutes later and nods in my direction. I was in the process of decorating a cake.

"Wrong color. They wanted coral, not peach." He says I roll my eyes. 

"Won't know the difference. As long as there flowers and butterfly's."

"I'm disappointed. I thought I taught you better then this." He says. I fling some extra frosting at him. "Hey!" He screams. He flings some at me. I scream. I grab a spatula and wipe some on his face. He takes his fingers and wipes it across his face then proceeds to smear it on mine. That's when we start the all out cake war. I through a handful of old cake, meant to be thrown away, at him. He puts a bowl of leftover frosting on my head.

"What do you think you're doing!" I cringe and turn around slowly as Peeta's mom comes in.

"I, uh, we where."

"Out! Now!" She points out the door. Peeta starts walking out but I stop him.

"Wait. I can pay for everything. You don't-"

"No! You can leave we will no longer need your service. OR, your money." She says.

"I, I'm sorry." I hang up my apron and walk home. I get a few weird stares here and there. Once I get home my brother starts to ask me what happened but I wave him off. I walk up stairs and take a shower. I could only imagine what Peeta's mom was doing to him now.

Once I finally get all the frosting out of my hair, I get dressed in my hunting outfit and walk out. I had to drop of Madge's pin so I walked over to her house. I knocked on there back door and Madge Opened it.

"Hi!" She says engulfing me in a hug.

"Hey." I say holding out her pin. "I brought your pin."

"Oh." She takes it in her hand, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Thank you."

"No problem."

"well I guess I should go I Have homework." I nod. 

"I understand." I wave goodbye and start walking towards the woods.

Once I get to the woods I take my bow from a log and my arrows from a tree. I walk toward the lake. CRUNCH. I cringe as I turn around, bow ready.

I see My brother put his arms up in surrender.

"Don't shoot. its me."

I slowly lower my bow putting the arrow back in my quiver.

"Taking a swim?" Marcus asks.

"Yeah." I take my quiver off my shoulder and set that and my bow on the ground by the lake. I run up and jump in. I swim back to the surface and find my brother swimming next to me.

We swim around for about an hour and then walk home. I had to put my hair up in a pony tail and my jacket over my wet clothes so I don't look suspicious, Marcus does the same. when we get home mom gives us weird looks, but just rolls her eyes. about an hour later she calls us down for dinner.

The next month is very boring. It went by slower then I would have liked, but I was glad for the home time.

I hear my stylist and Effie knock on the door. As I Open the door Effie squeals.

"Arya! I missed you so much!" She Screams. "No one else around here appreciates my advice." She adds in a whisper. Right after her my head stylist comes in and takes me upstairs to my room. He rarely ever talked but he dig give me a huge grin and a giant bear hug. 

He has my assistants come up with a giant red red sleeveless gown. It had jewels coming down to make it look like fire and it had a black coal like belt. i had black sandals with gold clips and my hair was in a fish tail braid behind my back. 

Then I was off. I was touring the country, ending in the capitol. I gave speeches, Got some cheers, some boos. The capitol was fun I guess. I went to a big party and met the president. Met some other people too. It just went really fast though, too fast.

At least that's how she wanted it to end. But it didn't end that way.