Not caught yet...(chapter 9)

Reader's POV:

Night fell across the world around me,I continued to walk hoping something good would happen but so far nothing.Chucky wason my shoulders as we walked,To be honest I wasn't that scared of him anymore.He was just a toy that was programmed to make kids happy,but was it in his programming to kill.I pushed the thought to the back of my mind with the rest of my toxic thoughts.

Chucky and I were walking along a quiet road,Not many cars passed us so we were mostly alone.It scared me that anyone could just take me but I kept trying to ignore it since I was safe so far.I put my hands in my pockets trying to stay warm as a cold breeze came.I shivered as I came across an abandoned building structure.The place looked like no one has lived in it for over ten years.I slowly entered hoping no one was in here,I walked around the corner seeing no one but still felt on edge.I was about to run out from fear until I heard a creak behind me making me freeze,No limb in my body wanted to move an iche.I turned backwards catching nothing but a rat running into a hole in the wall.I cringed and held a hand over my mouth as I tried to steady my breathing.

I felt something on my back move making me turn and fell onto the hard ground and the thing land on my stomach.I opened one of my eyes to see Chucky laying on my stomach,I got up holding him apologizing quickly.He shook his head than reached for me,I was confused so I brought him closer so we were hugging.I smiled feeling my heartrate die down.I examined the room around me feeling the fear again.I walked to the staircase scared to step onto the first step in case it just decided to collapse while I'm on it.I took the first step till heard a creak making me bolt at full speed out of the house.

I was at the door of the building than ran into someone.We both toppled to the ground,He was on the bottom while I fell onto them.I opened my eyes to see a man,He was dark skinned and had dark brown hair.He was wearing a plain white shirt with a black jacket,His jeans were dark denim with a black belt.My eyes caught some gold shinning making me think he was a cop or something.

I stood up first and stuttered an apology.He stood up dusting himself off than looked at me,His eyes widened making me panic realizing he was a cop and I'm currently wanted by them.I was about to run for my life till he gripped my upper arm.His eyes showed no sigh of anger,This confused me.

"What were you doing in there kid?"He aked kindly as he let me go.I looked at him confused than fear.

"O-Oh I was j-just looking sir."I cursed myself for stuttering so much.I felt something hug my leg making me look down and see Chucky hugging it.I smiled as I looked back up at the cop to see him smiling at Chucky also.He snapped out of it than got back to the question he asked me.

"Well don't let me caught you there again,"He said sternly but still it didn't come out mean."Anyway why are you out here so late kid?"He asked as I looked down remembering what just happened.He saw this and frowned,He lifted my chin so I was looking at him.He asked if I had any family as I shook my head for no.He told me to follow him as I picked Chucky up holding him to my chest.He lead me to his car.It was a classic police car,I hopped in the back of car as he got in the front and started the engine.

The car drove off into the street as I stared off into the distance.Chucky was sitting on my lap and since we hadn't planed in a while he began to ask if we could."Can we play yet bestie."He spoke as he stood up on my lap outing his hands on my cheeks making me look at him.I blushed slightly since he looked absolutely adorable.His sweet smile was pure,I patted him on the head as I made him sit and than got out my phone still seeing it works.

I began to play games on my phone as we drove somewhere.My eyes began to close as I felt sleepy.My phone dropped onto my lap,Chucky was watching my phone so when it fell he looked up at me to see me slowly falling asleep.He smiled as he turned off m phone than put it back into his front pocket.He snuggled into my chest as I feel asleep.Sleep consumed the both of us as we drove with the cop to somewhere that will hopefully help the two.