11

Wooyoung sighed as he stared at the water falling over the entrance of the cave.

Jongho and Yunho had gone out scouting, looking for food and they also wanted to head into a few of the human cities to see if they could find a job.

They had both insisted that he stay behind since he was still healing from the fight with the alpha wolves.

Jongho had spent a long time mulling over what might have caused that, but the only thing any of them came up with was they were three pack-less alphas who had banded together to try and make their own pack.

The thought terrified all of them. Especially because it was the first contact any of them had had with any other wolves since the battle.

Wooyoung bit his lip and closed his eyes. Memories of Chan flooded his mind as he thought of the battle. Growing up, the alpha had always protected him and made sure he was taken care of. That's why they had chosen each other as mates. It made the most sense. And he had been so understanding when Wooyoung had been diagnosed, even when the omega had been ready to give up.

But according to his old back, Chan was dead. He still didn't fully believe it...

"No." Wooyoung said, shaking his head and fighting back his tears. "He's not your alpha anymore. He's dead. If you can't have pups, the bond could be broken too. Just like the elders said." He told himself, trying to convince himself it was true.

Jongho had taken him in knowing he was unable to give him pups. That made him better than the majority of his old pack. And Wooyoung was an omega in his pack.

He didn't really feel right calling him his alpha yet, only because Jongho hadn't marked him or tried to do anything. Part of him appreciated this, as he knew Jongho was trying to respect him and make sure he was ok with it. Part of him wanted it to happen...

Wooyoung chewed on his tongue as he thought about the kind alpha. And even Yunho. His friend didn't seem bothered by the few times Jongho had shown him any affection. Most mated pairs he knew wouldn't want their mates touching anyone else.

Although, now that he thought about it, Yunho's parents had had pretty open relationships with other wolves, so maybe that's why Yunho didn't mind.

His heart started to race faster as he thought about the possibility of the alpha claiming him, and...,

Wooyoung blushed and buried his face in his hands.

What's wrong? Yunho asked through their link.

Wooyoung jumped and looked around, forgetting the beta wasn't there with him. N-Nothing! He responded quickly, grateful that no one could see his face right now.

I can feel the anxiety coming from you. What happened? Do we need to come back?

N-No. I'm fine. He couldn't believe he was even stuttering through the link. Wooyoung groaned and ran his hand through his hair. I just thought I saw... a snake.

Yunho sent back a feeling of suspicion but didn't say anything.

"Smooth." Wooyoung muttered to himself.

He sighed again and stared around. Time was passing by too slowly and he was bored. He picked up a few rocks from beside him and threw them across the cave floor.

Once caught the edge of another rock and flew out of the entrance.

Wooyoung looked after it, then continued throwing rocks.

Then he heard a splash. He froze and listened. It sounded like something was swimming. Wooyoung dropped the rocks in his hand and worked on pushing himself deeper into the cave so he could hide behind some of the bigger boulders.