18

Hongjoong waited patiently while San fumbled through what happened to his pack. He had sensed the Hunters, and tried to lead them away, only for them to run into an alpha pack that had tormented the other three before.

It was all too much and too close to home for his liking. But he was impressed that they had managed to get here.

He found it a little ironic that San had met Seonghwa and Mingi too, but it also worried him because it made this area seem so much smaller than he originally thought. However, it was a blessing in disguise since San said it was Mingi's scent that led him here.

"I didn't know if it would work, but I had to try. I'm sorry for putting you in danger." San said as he finished his story.

Mingi let out a rumbling chuckle as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm just impressed you remembered me."

San arched an eyebrow. "It's hard not to. Mint already has a strong smell, and you were getting a little overly protective."

Hongjoong saw Seonghwa turn bright red as he busied himself with grabbing a plate of food for San. He had to fight to hide the smile.

"I didn't expect to see you again, though." San turned to look at Hongjoong. "You guys managed to stay away from the Hunters ok?"

"Yeah, we haven't run into any issues."

"Where have you been?" Yeosang asked, coming to sit next to him on the couch.

"Just wandering, like I always have. But I ran into these guys when I came across the cave they were hiding in. I was getting ready to strike out on my own again when I sensed the Hunters. Everything happened so fast." San said quietly, staring down at the omega.

Hongjoong sniffed as he watched the alpha. He glanced at the omega and the beta, taking note of their mating marks, but he didn't see any on San...

He glanced at his mate and Yeosang nodded, picking up on Hongjoong's concern.

"Well we haven't seen any sign of these Hunters or the alphas. Maybe they killed each other." Mingi said, crossing his arms and glancing out the window. "What did they do to the alphas anyway?"

"I don't know. From what I picked up on they were a pack of rogues that wanted Yunho and Wooyoung. I think Yunho managed to would one of them, so he was out for blood." San shivered. "I had managed to kill the alpha attacking me, so I know at least one of them is dead. When I went to help Jongho, something happened to the other two so I sent him away. I only survived because the Hunters showed up and started firing to the alpha focused on them."

Yeosang placed a hand on San's knee and smiled at him. "You're safe now." San visibly relaxed at the touch and sank into the couch, only sitting up again when Seonghwa came back with a plate of food.

"We should get these three into beds. We have plenty." Mingi said, looking down at them.

Hongjoong studied them too. The alpha, Jongho, was still in his wolf form and both boys were turned into him, hands tangled in his fur. "Leave them. I don't want to risk upsetting any of them." He glanced back at San and saw him watching the other's too. "Where is your mark?" He asked, his voice getting stern.

Everyone looked at Hongjoong with surprise, except San. He just closed his eyes. "I don't have a mate."

"Who are they mated to then?"

"Joong. That's a little personal." Yeosang said, giving him a stern look.

"Jongho." San answered.

"And?"

"Jongho." San said again, now looking at his hands.

"What?" Seonghwa sat in front of him. "You mean that Jongho has claimed them both, right?"