20

With four alphas crammed into the house, Mingi found himself spending a lot of time outside. The testosterone was pushing him over the edge and he didn't need to snap in front of everyone. He was already having a hard time coping with the fact that everyone, except for San, had lost their families because of his old pack... The guilt was starting to eat at him.

He sighed and bumped his fist against the tree he was leaning on several times. The problem was Seonghwa. He didn't know how to tell the omega, and if felt like he was just starting to come out of his shell...

"Mingi?"

He smelled vanilla and turned to face Hongjoong. The alpha looked worried. "What's up?"

"Well one, you need to try and calm down. I can smell your anxiety a mile away."

"You're one to talk." Mingi scoffed, crossing his arms.

Hongjoong let out a nervous laugh. "Touché." He hesitated, then looked up at Mingi. "So what do you think we should do?"

"I don't know. They seem nice enough, but if they have Hunters and alphas after them do we really want to put ourselves in danger?"

"No. I don't. We've all been through enough. But... Then again so have they. And Yeosang seems rather taken with them too." Hongjoong sighed. Mingi felt a slight ache in the heart, wishing he had the kind of connection the other alpha did with his mate. "He's used to having a large pack and all this company has lifted his spirits. I don't know if I can take that away from him."

"Well, as I said before, it's your house. Some ground rules might have to be set though. Jongho is pretty dominant."

Hongjoong hummed. "I think I remember seeing him on the battle field. I remember the wolf coat. He did a lot of damage to..." He hesitated and glanced up at Mingi.

"You don't have to dodge around it. I just need to figure out how to tell the others..." Mingi groaned. "Just when I started to feel like I was making headway with Seonghwa."

"Take it slow, and make sure he feels how sorry you are." Hongjoong patted his shoulder.

Then they both turned, their nostrils flaring.

"Shit." Hongjoong said as lavender washed over both of them.

.

.

.

.

Jongho knew instantly and hurried to the room he was sharing with his mates. Yunho was already there, dabbing a wet wash cloth to Wooyoung's head.

"What do you need?" He asked, feeling his heart start to race.

"For you to stay calm." Yunho didn't look at him, instead focusing on the omega curled up in the corner. "And to talk to Hongjoong. We aren't all one pack, but I don't know how things will go with Hongjoong and Mingi here. Chan used to take him away before his heat hit so his wolf didn't feel the need to be with other alphas in the pack."

The beta sounded worried.

Jongho nodded and hurried out of the room. San, stay away for now. Wooyoung's heat started. Things might get a little intense. He sent to the alpha who was out on patrol.

Are you sure?

No... But let's start with that and I'll call you if I need you, ok? He sighed as he felt San's acceptance through the bond.

Then he found the other pack gathered in the kitchen.

Yeosang came over to him immediately. "What can we do?"