four

"I drank to drown my pain, but the damned pain learned how to swim." frida kahlo

Castiel woke up that next morning with his body curled up in a soft blanket. He didn't remember seeing that blanket the previous night but he shrugged it off and sat up. Cas went into his bathroom to check the wound on his back, he definitely needed to change the bandages but he decided to do that later.

Walking out of his room, he got a whiff of a delicious smell and his stomach churned in hunger. He followed the scent down the stairs and into the kitchen where a shirtless Dean was standing there at a stove.

The older man widened his eyes in shock as the younger turned around. "Hello Dean," Cas murmured sheepishly.

"Oh, um.. hey, Cas." Dean replied, turning back around to flip a pancake. Dean's black jeans shaped perfectly around his thighs, showcasing his hip bones, a belt loosely fit across waist and the tightness of his pants displayed his bow legs.

Dean felt eyes burning on the back of his body. Cas didn't lust over Dean or anything, he just thought at the time he looked fairly attractive. The aroma of the kitchen made Castiel relax and he went to go sit down on a chair until Dean stopped him.

"Can you watch the pancakes while I go put a shirt on? To make sure it doesn't burn? Thanks, bud." 

Cas nodded quietly and went into the kitchen to simply watch the pan. He wasn't sure what a bud was but Dean had said it in a nice and charming way, so maybe it was good. He watched the two pancakes bubbling inside of the frying pan and admired the delicious smell. 

He explored the rest of the kitchen, he looked inside a lower cabinet and left it opened. The kitchen was small but cozy, and the lights were dim. He opened the fridge and looked at the food inside, again, he left the door open. He wasn't sure what he was looking for but he examined the room anyway. 

Dean came back in and bluntly watched as Cas was opening every cabinet and drawer. He leaned against the frame of the doorway. Cas turned around and smiled sheepishly as he saw Dean. 

He had put on a gray henley and the shirt fit his form extremely well. It might of been that Cas was lonely and a virgin, but Dean's body made him feel a way he had never felt before. Dean shook his head lightly and smiled warmly as he walked towards him. He shut the cabinets and the fridge and took the food out of the pan and onto a plate.

Cas had sat on the counter, and Sam and Bobby walked in, they too were mesmerized by the smell coming from the kitchen. Cas looked down at his feet and started swaying them back and forth.

"So.. we found a case about 40 miles away from here. A group of vampires have been found and they're killing some people." Said Sam. Cas was intimidated by the man next to him, he seemed slightly scary.

Dean swerved his head to make eye contact but Cas wasn't listening to anything, instead he was looking at the ceiling. Eventually he looked down and his blissful yet sad blue eyes met with his green ones. "I don't think Cas can go.. and plus I don't really trust him here alone."

"So, you're staying here with angel boy?" Bobby spoke up his chest rose up and he let out a slight chuckle.

Dean poured syrup over the stack of pancakes and sliced a stub of butter, "I guess so, yeah."

"Just make sure he doesn't hurt you." Sam said. Cas looked at him with a blank expression. He sadly smiled to himself and looked back up to the ceiling. 

The angel thought about his brothers, Lucifer and Gabriel. Although Lucifer was the literal devil, and probably hated the both of them, Gabriel seemed to be his only friend. But, since Castiel wasn't an angel anymore, Gabriel had no way of contacting him. So, he was trapped in this bunker with three acquaintances.