What If I Told You I Like You?

The following day, Annie was off rehearsing with the vocal coach on "You, Not Him". "It's so cool that they put my song in the play!" Jayden exclaimed. "Ya, especially since it's Annie that gets to sing it." Ruby added. "Speaking of singing other people's songs, Johnny, Kenzie, do you think Matt and Gracie can do it as good as you did?" Nadia asked. Johnny smiled. "I like to think that no one could sing my own song better then me." He teased. Kenzie playfully hit him on the arm. "It's my song too, and I think that if they released their cover of it, it would get way more views than ours." She explained. Johnny looked offended. "You don't think my singing is good enough?" He asked her. "No, I don't think my singing is good enough." He scoffed. "Your singing is the best I've ever heard." She smiled at him. "Even though that's a total lie, it's adorable, so thanks." She hugged him. "Okay! Can I have Matt and Gracie?" The vocal coach called as he appeared with Annie. Everyone looked at Matt and Gracie. Gracie blushed as she got up and walked with Matt over to the coach and they all continued on to where they would practice. "How was it!?" Jayden asked as Annie ran back to them. "He's so nice and understanding, but Jayden, I didn't realize how high some of that song is!" She told them. "Ummm, have you listened to "Little Things" And "Two Sides"?" Jayden questioned. "I'm sure those notes were like, an entire octave higher than the ones in "You, Not Him"." She reminded her. Annie laughed. "Okay I guess. Thanks. I just get kind of uncomfortable when it starts to get in the higher range." She said. "It's okay, we all do." Kenzie chimed in.

"So, do you guys know the song?" The vocal coach asked. "Duh" "No" Gracie and Matt both looked at each other. "Okay, well Matt, you'll obviously be singing Johnny's part and Gracie you'll be doing Mackenzie's part. Here's a sheet with the lyrics and we'll be learning it with the vocals to start." The coach explained. She explained to them that Matt would speak the first two lines of: "Let's talk about all the things that we shouldn't talk about, those kind of words that would change all the things we talk about." Then they would go into singing. For the next hour, Matt learned the lyrics and they practiced harmonies throughout the song. "So remember, your story is that you're realizing that the other person might like you, that you might have a chance, but you also don't want to make it awkward. At noon, Gracie and Matt both walked back out to the rest of the group with sweaty palms, with their faces blushing.

After Lunch, they were working on the scene where Rowan, Peyton, Landon And Grant meet Dien. "I'm a bull-rider." Asher told them as Dien. "Like a professional one?" Matt asked as Grant skeptically. Asher looked down and tried his best to act embarrassed. "Well... getting there. But the scouters are all coming to the big tournament in 3 days, and I'm gonna win." Asher, as Dien explained. Kenzie shook her head. "What is up with all these bull-rider Texas boys?" She, as Rowan asked. Asher shrugged. "I don't know, but you should know that I'm different, I'm going to get famous for this, I'm not going to just be some cowboy kid trying to copy everyone else for long." He told them all as Dien. Gracie and Kenzie looked at each other as their characters. "Gotta go! Coach is calling." Asher said as Dien, before he ran off to the edge of the stage. Applause sounded from the seating area. "Bravo!" The director shouted. "Let's go to the scene where Annie and Hay-" She cleared her throat. "Sorry... Britney And Brent break up." Annie clenched her fists, beginning to think that this casting was on purpose. Her and Hayden met in the center of the stage, both trying to avoid eye-contact. Annie pretended to walk up to Hayden. "Brent! I need to talk to you." She said as Britney in a strong voice. "Oh, there you are! I've been trying to find you, What's going on with you and Dien, huh?" Hayden, as Brent asked her. Annie sighed. "I'm going to support Dien! And I'm also going to be with Dien, okay? I'm breaking up with you!" She shouted, realizing only afterwards that her emotions may have poured out a little too much in those lines, but Hayden seemed to understand. "Britney wait-" "Forget it, Brent! You're such a jerk!" She interrupted him as she yelled and stormed off the stage. Everyone watching stayed silent, not moving. "Well! That was very... real." The director commented and Annie hid her face in her hands.

That night, the boys were in their cabin sitting on the floor talking. "What happened with you and Annie?" Matt asked. Hayden looked down. "You really don't know?" Johnny questioned, just to make sure. Matt shook his head. "Fine, but it's not something he likes to explain." Johnny told him. Hayden shook hands with Johnny. "Thanks, man, but I'm fine now." He assured him. "So, me and Annie were dating, right? And me and Kenzie were best friends. Annie felt like I was spending too much time with Kenz, thought I would catch feelings for her or something. She made me feel like I had to choose between my relationship with her or my friendship with Mackenzie, I tried to maintain both, but Annie just wasn't having it, so..." "She broke up with you." Matt finished. Hayden nodded. "I don't know why girls are so overprotective and jealous all the time." Johnny told them. "I know, isn't it adorable?" Justin said as he sauntered into the room. "Ew, and we are not." A voice said from outside the window. They all turned to see Olivia and Hayley standing outside. "What are you doing here!? This is the boys' cabin!" Matt exclaimed. "We were just... passing by, and happened to hear you talking about girls." Hayley told them. Hayden rolled his eyes. "Sure you were." He said sarcastically. "Whatcha guys talking about?" Asher asked as he appeared. "Nothing." They all replied. Asher gave a weird look and then went over to sit down at his bed. "Hayley? What are you doing here?" He asked when he spotted her. "Just coming to say goodnight to my favourite sister's boyfriend." She told him. "You mean she has more than one!?" He asked. Hayley laughed. "I'm just kidding." She told him. Asher broke out of his surprised face and laughed too. "I know." He said as he walked over to hug her. Olivia motioned to Matt. "Can I have a hug from my favourite sister's boyfriend?" Johnny wiggled his eyebrows at Matt. "I'm not you're sister's boyfriend." Matt told her. Olivia waved her hand. "Can I just have a hug?" They all laughed and Matt hugged her through the window. "Goodnight boys!" Hayley called as they walked back to their own cabin. "Goodnight." They all chorused back.