The Texas Trap

Sierra woke up at 9 am to a familiar but annoying tune. "Students welcome back from summer, we hope you had a safe and educational experience blah, blah, blah..." she sat up in her bed. "Who decided that that would be our alarm for today?" She asked the entire room. Olivia smirked. She sighed. "What time is it?" She asked. "Nine" Lauren replied. "We missed breakfast?" She asked. Lauren shook her head. "Breakfast is an hour later today." She informed her. "Ohh." Sierra answered. "Alright girls, time to get up! Oh, most of you are already up." Madison said as she entered through the door to their cabin. "Yep, and guess what our alarm was?" Olivia said as she skipped over to Madison. "What?" Madison asked. Olivia showed her the picture of their song "Show Me What You Got". Madison rolled her eyes. "I can't believe that was two years ago, though." She mused. "Yeah, wow." Olivia replied.

Throughout the day, everyone cleaned their cabins and brought out their stuff so it was ready to go home right after the show. Around 3, everyone gathered at the stage to get ready for the dress rehearsal. Everyone got into their costumes and began to do their hair and makeup.
Around 5, the parents and families began to show up. Of course, the kids couldn't go talk to them, since the show would begin soon, and they had to go over their lines in their head, dance out the choreography backstage, and all that last-minute preparation stuff.
At 5:58, the director stepped up to the stage and gave a small speech about how hard they all had worked and what an amazing play they had prepared for the parents.
At 6:00, the music started, and Kenzie, Johnny, Gracie and Matt stepped out on the stage with everyone else behind them, and the instrumental for "What Time Is It?" started.

The play was going pretty well for the most part, that is until Darius was about to enter as Stefan. "Uh... Matt?" He asked. "Ya?" Matt replied. "I think I'm having a bit of... stage fright." He confessed. "Really? Oh, that's right, You don't really preform much on stage do you?" Matt answered. Darius shook his head. "Well, I can tell you that I do it all the time, and I still get a bit nervous right before I step out on the stage. Just remember, it's just our parents watching, and even if you mess up, it's not like people are gonna look back in, say, 5 years and go; "Remember that time you messed up at that summer camp play?" Right? Just go out there, and be the best Stefan you can be." Matt encouraged. Darius nodded. "Yeah, thanks man." Matt patted him on the back. "Anytime."

When the time came for Gracie and Matt's duet, they were both pretty anxious. But nonetheless, they both stepped out on the stage, and Matt began talking. "Let's talk about all the things we shouldn't talk about, those kinds of words that would change all the things we talk about." The music began to play and he started to sing. As the song continued, and Gracie sang her part, and then they sang together, the both realized that the words they singing were true, and that they liked each-other. When the song was over they were holding hands and smiling at each other. They disappeared backstage and everyone quietly congratulated them. "That was so good!" Gracie whispered. "We did amazing." Matt replied. They hugged each other, when they started to leave the embrace, they both just lost their senses and kissed. When they pulled away, they realized that everyone was staring at them with their hands cupped over their mouths. Olivia waked over and struggled to put her arm on Gracie's shoulder. "Friday, August 30th, 2019, around... 6:45 PM. Mattcie becomes real!!" She started to get louder with each word as she jumped up and down. "Shh!" The director hushed from the other side of backstage. Olivia just shrugged and skipped off to tell Sierra. Matt and Gracie just quietly laughed.

When the play was over, and everyone had taken their perfectly choreographed bows, and they had all stepped off the stage and went back to their cabins and waited for their parents to pick them up, Annie realized that this would probably be the last time she would see Jayden in person before moving, and Asher, Kenzie, Ruby. Everyone. She double-checked that everyone's Instagrams, Snapchats, Phone Numbers, Email's and Hangouts were all correct, before saying her goodbyes to everyone. As she got in the car, and they drove away from Camp: Musical Summers, she knew that she would have to finally face the reality of moving to Maryland. She had been avoiding it all of June, telling herself she had the summer, now that summer was over, her last hope was the weekend, but it was here now. Well... maybe Maryland wouldn't be so bad. It  different. That's all it would be. Annie smiled as she fell asleep listening to her music.

That's It Guys!!! My big summer story! I hope you enjoyed all the different characters I incorporated like Mattyb, Justin and the Haschack Sisters to name a few. It was fun writing about people outside of Brat, but I think that for now I enjoy writing about the Brat Pack more. If you're a "The Island" series reader, then be ready to read my 3rd installment in the series, coming out over this weekend, including never-before-read characters in my stories. I've been watching these people for a while now and am quite happy to be placing them in my universe of stories.
Again thank you so much for your love and support! Hope you had fun reading this book and a great summer!

-WrittenDreams14