chapter five

After the next seven class periods school had finished. Yeah-yeah had packed a change of clothes for Volleyball tryouts.

She had experience with the sport before and wanted to make the team. The young girl headed to the gym.

The girl changed into more fitting clothes. The tryoits were going to end at 5:30. It was currently 3:45.

She told the boys about it and a few of them asked if they could come watch.

There was a group of girls sitting on the bleachers. The strawberry blonde sat down near a few of them.

She heard footsteps going down the bleachers. She turned and saw a girl with pretty short brown hair sit next to her.

"Hi, i'm Cosimia, but you can me Mia" the brunette said. "Yeah-yeah i'm Morgan, but everyone calls me Yeah-yeah" the strawberry blonde said with a friendly smile.

"Alright girls get down here" A older woman yelled. Each of the girls stepped down onto the gym floor. "I'm Ms. Cade, and this is Mr. Young".

Mr. Young was a white man in his 20's. Ms. Cade was in her 40's.

"Get a partner" the older woman yelled. Cosimia turned to Yeah-yeah with hopeful eyes. Yeah-yeah knew what this meant. "We're starting with a stretch" Young said to the group.

The griup did their stretches. "There will be two teams. Team one on this side. Team two on thsi side." Ms. Cade said. "This half is team one the other half is team two".

Yeah-yeah and Cosimia were on team one.

Mr. Young threw a ball in the air one. A girl Morgan didn't know hit the ball to the over the net. The strawberry blonde was front center.

The ball came toward her, she spiked it over the net. "Yeah-yeah that's my girl!" a voice yelled from the bleachers.

The strawberry blonde knew that voice. It was Yeah-yeah.

A small smile was brought to her face. The ball cane over the net again and it came to a blonde girl. The girl lunged forward but missed to ball completely. "And you're out!" exclaimed Ms. Cade.

The girl walked away in shame. Mr. Young threw a new ball in.

Yeah-yeah passed the ball over to another girl. The ball was passed for three times and then a girl on her team spiking it over.  The game was cut off when it was 5:00. The girls had to pass the ball to their partner.

Yeah-yeah kept cheering on the strawberry blonde throught the whole thing. Scotty and Benny sat down on the bleachers with Yeah-yeah cheering her on. Barely two minutes later the rest of the boys came.

For the last five minutes they were split into two teams again. And did a practice game.

The boys were cheering on the strawberry blonde. This made Yeah-yeah smile and made her work harder.

"Alright, pack up and leave! You'll find out whose on the team for summer and next year tomorrow!" Ms. Cade yelled.

Yeah-yeah walked over to her bag which was coincidentally next to the boys. "Hi Morgan," Yeah-yeah said to the girl. "Hey," she responded wiping of her sweat.

"Me and the boys are going to play baseball later, you wanna come?" he asked nervously. "Yeah-yeah I can".

"Can I go home and shower first?" the strawberry blonde asked.

"Yeah!"

They chatted away, laughing at their own jokes. "You can sit in the living room for a few minutes until im done showering," she said unlocking the front door. Thankfully her father wasn't home.

"Hey Yeah-" Jess said cutting herself off noticing the boy.

"Who's this?"

"A friend"

"I'm Alan but most people call me Yeah-Yeah" he introduced.

"Me and him were gonna go play baseball in a bit. But I have to shower because of volleyball tryouts" the girl said nervously.

Jess stared back and forth between the two thinking. She hesitated but allowed her to go "Fine".

Morgan grabbed the remote turning the television on and handing the remote to the boy.

Morgan went to her bedroom picking out an outfit. She grabbed a towel and her clothes and walked over to her bathroom.

After ten minutes she stepped out of the shower. She then proceeded to dry herself off.

Then putting on a black shirt that was fitted and black high waisted shorts.

Because of her height the shorts enhanced her legs and made her look taller. She put on an unbuttoned LA Dodgers white jersey, paired with green and black PF Flyers. PF Flyers made you run faster and jump higher.

Morgan grabbed her hairbrush and brushed her currently wet hair.

She took a glance in the mirror checking herself over.

Good.