chapter six

July 4th, 1962. 8:21 pm

The Sandlot kids had decided to go at 8:30.

Yeah-Yeah and Yeah-Yeah (girl) walked to the Sandlot.

"Benny said that we were gonna to the carnival after watching the fireworks? That cool with you?" the boy asked looking at the girl next to him.

"Perfectly fine"

Morgan basically dragged the boy to the Sandlot as she saw the other boys.

(as i was putting this in i was gonna put "but just imagine her dragging him" and then i hit my glasses with my hand)

"Check it out, its the lovebirds" Kenny said nudging Bertram's side.

"Oooo" Bert said making a kissy face at them. The girl rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Yeah-yeah cool your jets" Morgan snarked glaring at the two boys.

Bertram huffed and gave her a playful smirk. "Besides, we're just friends" she lied straight through her teeth.

Yeah-Yeah's heart churned as the girl he was in love with said. His eyes flashed with hurt for a moment but covered it up with a smirk. "Yeah-Yeah thats all, friends".

The strawberry blonde warily nodded at his comment. She wanted to yell "I'm in love with you!" to the boy but she couldn't.

"Anyways I aint here for chit-chat lets play some ball" Morgan yelled walking over to Benny. Benny gave her the bat and Kenny was ready to throw the ball.

The strawberry blonde lightly hit the inside of her shoes with the bat. She then nodded her head as a sign for Kenny to pitch the ball.

As the girl hit the ball all you could hear were the fireworks. The ball crack and the fireworks went off at the same time.

Yeah-Yeah ran to each base with ease because the boys were paying attention to the fireworks.

Well. All of them but not Yeah-Yeah.

He was more focused on the strawberry blonde. He smiled as he heard her laughter and cheers when she got to home.

He made his way over to the smaller girl. The boy felt a gifdy feeling in his stomach. It happened ever since they met.

Unbeknownst to the green eyed beauty he stared at her with love. "Hey" he started.

Yeah-yeah gave the boy a smile "Hi, you likin' da fireworks". It was at moments like this that made the girl use her New Yorker voice.

He absolutely adored her accent. "Y-Yeah-Yeah of course".

"Back in New York we really didn't have fireworks" Yeah-Yeah said. "Yeah-Yeah well i'm glad you get to spend it with me- I mean us".

"I'm glad too" the dirty blonde wrapped his arm around the shorter girl. They both gazed at the beautiful night sky.

As cliché as it was Yeah-Yeah didn't think the fireworks were the most beautiful thing there, he though the green eyed, strawberry blonde was.

He tore his eyes away from the night sky and looked at the girl in his arm. He loved the little things in her.

The way her nose would scrunch up in disgust when the boys would be weird. The way her eyes crinkled when she was incredibly happy.

Sometimes she would even blink rapidly when she was nervous. And that happened a lot when she was with Yeah-Yeah, but Yeah-Yeah never put two and two together.

And the way she would always lightly tap the inside of her shoes whenever she was getting ready to bat.

He loved and noticed every little detail.

And unbeknownst to him and the girl. They both fell in love. And they fell deep.

———

Hi!

I havent been active with writing. I just had MAJOR writers block and I was procrastinating with writing.

I have been creating more books and having ideas but i'm trying to only indulge in this one.

So bye!

ps. sorry this chapter was short.

:)