Nine

3rd POV

Jacob and Newt arrived in the beautiful city known as Paris. Jacob was still feeling a bit dizzy from the Portkey and wanted to throw up. He couldn't at the moment because they were on a mission to find Alina, Tina, and Queenie. That didn't mean he couldn't complain about it.

Jacob let out a low groan. "I didn't like that Portkey, Newt," he said.

"So you keep saying," Newt said but couldn't help the small grin on his face. He looked around the streets until he found the familiar statue. He started to run towards it. "Follow me."

He tried to not seem like he was up to no good. He wasn't. But he needed to distract the cop that stood in front of the statue.

Newt pulled out his wand and waved it at the cop. "Confundus."

The sober cop became a hiccuping drunk. He hiccupped and covered his mouth before he started to giggle. Newt went through the small portal in the statue while Jacob looked at the drunk cop in amusement. He let out a little laugh before the drunk cop shushed the air in front of him. Newt's hand came out of the portal and yanked Jacob back.

 Newt's hand came out of the portal and yanked Jacob back

"Come on. It'll wear off in a few minutes," Newt told him. The drunk cop looked back and let out another giggle. The statue above him smiled before she went back to position. Newt ran towards the townsquare. He set his suitcase down before he looked around.

"Appare Vestigium," he casted. He used his wand to blow out this gold dust. He spun around as the gold dust landed on the streets and a few float down. He pointed his wand at his case. "Accio Niffler." Niffler popped out of the case with a few gold coins in its pouch. "Get looking." Niffler kept shoving the coins in its pouch. "Oi! Get looking!"

Newt dropped his wand on the ground. The magic from the wand created these golden footprints before it started to recreate last night. One of the magical creaters shown in the dusty gold swimming in front of him.

"That's a Kappa," he breathed. "It's a Japanese water demon." He heard a little roar and looked over. Alina's ghost figure was running by his case before she fell back. "Alina?" Then he saw Tina's figure picking Alina up before they started running again. Newt got up and went towards the figment. "Alina!"

The figment disappeared. Newt's chest ache because this was the first time he's seen Alina and, even though she wasn't really there, he wanted to wrap her up in his arms and not let go. He sighed in disappoinment, taking note that his Niffler was still sniffing around.

"What have you found?" he asked. Newt went over to the spot Niffler was circling. He picked up the little rubble and licked it before he laid flat on his stomach. Newt stuck his tongue out before licking the concrete floor.

Jacob cringed. "And we're licking the dirt now," he said. Maybe I shouldn't tell Alina that when they kiss and makeup, he thought.

Newt used his wand and the handle end became larger as it echoed the audience cheering from last night. It went back to normal before the tip end of the wand started to glow.

Newt waved it. "Revelio."

Another creature emerged in front of Newt and Jacob. The lion-like jumping around. Roaring in front of someone.

"Newt, what made those?" Jacob wondered as he looked at the creature in front.

"That is a Zouwu. It's a Chinese creature. They are incredibly fast and incredibly powerful. They can travel 1,000 miles in a day, and this one could take you from one part of Paris to the next in a single leap," Newt explained. Niffler started chittering behind Newt. He turned around and saw the Niffler rolling around more gold footprints followed by two hand prints. "Oh, good boy." Newt realized they were Alina's hands with Tina's feet. "Jacob, she was here. Alina fell here. She has incredibly small hands. Have you noticed?"

Jacob's mouth flew open in shock. He knows Alina his whole life and he never really looked at her hands. They were just regular hands to him.

His brows furrowed. "Can't say that I have."

Newt turned around when more dust started to form a face

Newt turned around when more dust started to form a face. Yusuf Kama, the same man that approached Alina and Tina - not that he knows, yet. To Newt it was just a stranger that followed Tina and Alina.

"Then someone came towards them," Newt said as the magic dust followed them. The dust went away and dropped a feather that was worn on Kama's hat. Newt picked up the feather before he started to sniff it, leaving Jacob with a cringy look on his face. Newt nodded before he threw the feather. "Avensegium."

The feather started to float away from him. The feather flew in front of Jacob. Jacob didn't know what he was suppose to do. The feather was flying everywhere before it went over their heads.

"Right. Follow that feather," Newt told him as he stood up.

"What?"

"Jacob, follow the feather."

Jacob nodded. "Follow the feather."

Newt dusted himself off before he realized Niffler wasn't near him. "Where is he?" The Niffler was smelling the golden post not that for from him. Newt pointed his wand at him. "Accio Niffler."

Niffler was yanked away before he was flown back into the suitcase. Once the suitcase was close, Newt grabbed it and ran after Jacob and the feather. This was the biggest lead he's got and he's not going to mess it up. He noticed that Jacob was still holding the Portkey bucket.

"Drop the bucket," he said as he continued to run after the feather.

Jacob dropped the bucket before he followed Newt. The bucket shook before it swallowed itself up.

》》》》

A/N: Aww, here comes Newt searching for his girl...and Tina.