Fourteen

Leta led us through the small crypt. Ok, I know it's the Ancestral Records room but I couldn't help but think it's a crypt. With the statue of a dead body on the platform. All the small boxes that remind me of the urns they put the ashes in.

"You, go back. Move! Out of the way!" is the first thing I heard someone yell. Leta's eyes widen as she pulled out her wand and followed the voice. Tina pushed me behind her in a protective manner before going ahead of us. "If I must kill you as well as Corvus, I shall."

We turned the corner and found Kama pointing his wand at Jacob and Credence. My eyes widened before I felt myself get angry at the man threatening my friends. I was about to punch Kama but Newt grabbed my hand and yanked me back. I don't care if this guy is a wizard, he's was about to kill Credence and Jacob!

"Stop!" Letha told him. Her body got a bit tense as she stared at the man in front of her. "Yusuf." They know each other?

My mouth flew open as I looked at Credence. "Credence?" I breathed. Merlin's beard, we've finally found him.

"Alina," Credence whispered. He had a small smile on his face. I yanked my hand away from Newt and ran towards him, ignoring Leta and Yusuf's little stare down.

I ran into his arms and gave him a tight hug, him hugging back. He pulled me close before I let go and started to inspect him for any injuries. "Are you ok?" I sighed in relief when I found none and hugged him again. "Please, don't go running off like that again."

"I'm sorry."

I couldn't be mad at him. I've spent most of my life hating Credence for something he had no choice in. And now that he's back in my life, I'm not going to separate from him ever again.

"Is that really you?" Kama breathed as he lowered his wand. Credence and I turned to look at Leta and Yusuf. Leta looked like she was about to cry. "My little sister?"

"So he's your brother," Credence said. "Who am I?"

Leta shook her head. "I don't know," she told him sadly.

"I'm tired of living with no name and no history." Credence looked at Kama. "Just tell me my story, then you can end it."

My mouth flew open. "No, Credence -"

Kama cut me off. "Your story is our story." He looked at Leta. "Our story."

She shook her head immediately. "No, Yusuf."

Kama sighed before he went towards the main entrance of the crypt. We had no other choice but to follow him. I made sure Credence never left my sight while Newt was behind me. I'm sure the Nagini would help protect him, too. I really need to thank for after this is all over. Kama started talking towards one of the shelves as he started to explain his story.

"My father was Mustafa Kama," he started. "Pure-blood of Senegalese descent and most accomplished. My mother, Laurena, was equally highbred, a noted beauty. They were deeply in love.

"They knew a man of great influence from a famous French pure-blood family. He desired her. Lestrange used the Imperius Curse to seduce and abduct her. I tried to prevent it, but he attacked me. That was the last time I ever saw her. She died giving birth to a little girl."

Kama looked at Leta. "You."

Leta didn't look at anyone. She couldn't make eye contact. She looked like someone who was caught guilty of doing something and we were forcing her to tell us what it is. But she wasn't saying anything as she looked at her brother, who continued his story.

"The news of her death drove my father insane. With his dying breath, my father charged me to seek revenge. Kill the person Lestrange loves best in the world. I thought at first it'd be easy. He had only one close relative." He pointed at Leta again. "You. But he..." Kama stopped with a long sigh.