Fifteen

I don't know what's going on. In the secret room, there were a bunch of wizards gathered around this stadium. The group and I got separated again. I didn't know where Jacob went. I didn't know where Credence and the Nagini went. I didn't know where Kama or Leta went. I was stuck with Newt and Tina.

"Newt," I whispered in worry. "What if someone here notices Jacob and me?"

He grabbed my hand so I wouldn't get lost in the crowd. "I won't let anything happen to you," he said.

"It's a trap," Tina whispered.

"Yeah. Queenie, the family tree. It's all been bait."

"We have to find a way out of here right now."

I nodded in agreement. "Not without Jacob and Credence," I said. If this is a trap that means Grindelwald is here. And I don't want Credence anywhere near that guy. Especially when he's going to use him for who-knows-what.

"Tina, go find the others," Newt said before he started pulling me with him.

"What are you two going to do?" she asked.

"I'll think of something."

Newt gripped my hand again before we continued walking. Al these wizards and witches in one room. I know they would have seem like normal people out there but here...they could kil anyone with a flick of a wand.

I looked throught the crowd as people started to clap. I couldn't find Cedence anywhere. I kept looking until I found Jacob with Queenie. I sighed in relief. Good. At least I know Queenie will protect him. My eyes scanned the crowd again as the audience started to applaud louder. Center stage, a man with pale fair and skin. His arms rose as he welcome his followers. My breath got caught in my throat as I watch Grindelwald take everything in. Newt and I blended in with the crowd as we watch the man who's after my best friend.

Once Grindelwald dropped his hands the audience stopped. Waiting to take orders from their leader.

"My brothers, my sisters, my friends..." Grindelwald started. "... the great gift of your applause is not for me. No. It is for yourselves. You came today because of a craving and a knowledge that the old ways serve us no longer. You came today because you crave something new. Something different.

"It is said that I hate les non-Magiques. The Muggles."

"Vermin!" the man behind me shouted. I almost jumped from his shout and gripped Newt's arm.

Grindelwald continued. "The No-Maj. The Can't-Spells. I do not hate them. I do not." Liar. Grindelwald's eyes scan the crowd. But I froze in my spot when he made direct eye contact with me. "For I do not fight out of hatred. I say the Muggles are not lesser, but other. Not worthless, but of other value. Not disposable, but of a different disposition."

He broke eye contact with me and directed everything else towards the audience.

"Magic blooms only in rare souls. It is granted to those who live for higher things. Oh, and what a world we would make for all of humanity. We who live for freedom, for truth, and for love.

"The moment has come to share my vision of the future that awaits if we do not rise up and take our rightful place in the world."

My brows furrowed when a woman walked up to Grindelwald with a glowing skull that had a map engraved on it. The back of the skull had a small pipe. Grindelwad deeply inhaled the pipe before he blew the smoke all around us.

I looked up as images of people riding on horses while shooting their guns went over our heads. One was coming right at me and I grabbed Newt. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close as the images started to change. We were surrounded by buildings that were crumpling. A few people up on the roof started to collapse with the building. A few fire jets started shooting at the civilians as people were running and screaming. I looked below to see soldiers marching to their deaths. The light shown and blinded my eyes as the images created an illusion of the nuclear bomb. My mouth flew open at the sight.