Ten

3rd POV

Newt and Jacob found themselves sitting outside of the cafe. Which was really bad for them. There were a few couples on each table being all cute with each other. Jacob imagined that it was him and Queenie in one of the booths being all cute. Him whispering in her ear and her chuckling at something he said. Newt had the longing gaze in his eyes as he imagines Alina and him. Newt gazing at her as she drew something in her sketchbook. Alina would look up and find him staring at her and she would smile at him. Or it changed from Newt talking about one of the creatures he saved and Alina listening in to everything with clear fascination in her eyes. Newt's chest ache at the thought Alina being angry with him because of a simple misunderstanding. He's not marrying Leta, his brother is. But the reporter got the whole thing mixed up. Newt just wants to grab Alina and hold her to explain everything. That he only wants her.

"You know what I miss about Queenie?" Jacob asked Newt as he looks at the couple ahead of them. "Everything. I even miss the stuff that drove me nuts. Like the mind-reading." Jacob let out a light chuckle before he sighed. "I was lucky to have someone like her even interested in anything I thought. You know what I mean?"

In Newt's mind, he was picturing Alina reaching over and grabbed his hand on the table before she planted a soft kiss on his cheek. He snapped out of it when he heard Jacob ask him a question.

"Sorry?" Newt apologized.

Jacob looked over and saw the lost and worried look on Newt's face. He's been so stupid. Him thinking about Queenie when his best friend is out there doing Merlin-knows-what. And the guy next to him, who is completely in love with her, is doing everything that he can to find her. That's why they're in this coffee shop in the first place because Newt tracked the guy who as with them.

"I was saying, you're sure the guy is here that we're looking for?" Jacob changed the subject.

Newt nodded. "Yeah, definitely. The feather says so."

Newt looked down at the feather, that was trapped in a bowl, when it continued tapping on the glass. It kept tapping on the same spot meaning that the guy was in the shop. They were just waiting for him to come out. Which he did a few minutes later. Yusuf came out of the shop and was walking down the streets when the feather kept tapping on the glass.

"Is that the guy we're looking for?" Jacob asked.

Newt nodded. "Yes." Newt took the bowl off the feather. And it flew back to Yusuf's hat.

"Ooh..." Jacob said.

Newt practically jumped out of his seat as Yusuf was in front of them. "Sorry. Bonjour. Bonjour, monsieur." Yusuf gave them a small nod before he turned around to leave. Newt went around him so he couldn't. "Oh, wait, no. Sorry. So we actually...We were just wondering if you'd come across two of our friends."

"Alina Nikolai and Tina Goldstein," Jacob clarified.

Yusuf wanted to curse under his breath. He should have known their friends would be looking for them.

"Monsieur, Paris is a large city," Yusuf started.

"They're both Aurors," Newt rushed out even though half of it's a lie. "And when Aurors go missing, the Ministry tend to come looking, so..." Yusuf thought he was bluffing so he stood his ground. "No, I suppose it would probably be better if we just report their absence."

"Is one tall?" Newt nodded. "Dark hair while the other is a lighter?" Newt nodded again. "One more serious and the other...."

"Creative," Jacob replied while Newt said, "Beautiful. She's..."