005

Hopper's POV

This girl was getting on my last nerve. I didn't mean do be such an asshole, but it was turning out to be one hell of a morning, and it was only 10AM. Don't get me wrong, I felt bad for her, poor thing was attacked by one of those creatures, and got torn up. I know she's confused as all get out. I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming feeling of empathy for her. It isn't her fault she got dragged into this, it could have happened to anyone. She is young, and I can tell she's not much of a fighter or a problem solver, no offense to her. But now she knows too much, and I felt the responsibility to keep tabs on her already. 

Something was not right about her wound. When I first say it it looked like any other stab wound I have seen. Now, it looked like something way more horrific. It isn't a normal wound, and as odd as it is to say, I need to keep her away from any doctor or they're going to ask questions.

As soon as Powell called in about a "Russian girl" on the street catty to the woods the cabin is in, I knew it was Ell. A small part of me hoped that it wasn't and I would go home and find her still pissed to hell in her room, but after our little argument something told me she wouldn't be there when I showed up.

Everything about Victoria and the creature left my mind as soon as we pulled up to the cabin. I marched right up to the door, doing our secret knock three times. No answer. I pounded on the door, yelling for her. No answer. Finally I ran out of patients and started to shoulder check the door. I managed to break through the locks, swinging the door open to an empty, messy cabin. More messy than usual.

"Ell....Ell!" I yelled as I marched around the house checking her room, and all around, not many places to look considering the place was pretty small. I was about to lose my shit. "Eleven!-" I froze once I turned around to see a person, It startled me for a split second. I then saw it was Victoria standing in the doorway. I balled my hands into a first. "What? Didn't I say stay in the damn car?" I said, trying not to raise my voice.

She looked meekly up at me from across the room. "Um... yeah, it's just... It's cold and I don't have my sweatshirt and you took the keys so..." She looked down at her feet nervously.

I sighed. "You're cold? Okay, fine- here." I grabbed my blue police coat from the back of the lazy boy and tossed it at her.

I had no patients in that moment, I for sure didn't feel like dealing with her right now. I rubbed my face with both hands, pacing the room as I tried to think. I leaned on the chair, looking down at the floor. My eyes trailed in Victoria's direction, looking to see her slipping on the coat. It was huge on her, and I could tell she was embarrassed from me getting short with her. 

She met eyes with me. "I'll go wait out in the truck." She said with a small, obviously forced small as she turned to leave.

"No, stay here for a moment. Sorry, I forget it's the middle of October." I sighed as I walked over to her, shutting the front door behind her. "Go sit down on... whatever's not broken. I have to make a few calls." 

She nodded, making her way over to the lazy boy and sat down. I walked into the kitchen, grabbing the phone and punching in Joyce's number. I leaned against the door frame, watching the back of Victoria's small frame where she sat, looking down at her feet, holding her arm in pain. I felt a pit form in my stomach as I looked at her, so I turned in the other direction. There was still no answer from Joyce.

"Dammit, Joyce." I said to myself, slamming the phone back onto the wall.

I was at a crossroad right now. No one knows about Ell being here with me, and no one can know. I have to figure this out on my own. So, I made up a small plan in my head. 

I walked back out to the front room where she sat, grabbing my keys. "Alright, let's head out." I said, waiting for her to stand up.

She got to her feet, looking up at me. "Am I going home now?" She asked.

I looked at her for a moment, looking her up and down, stopping at her wounded arm. As I stared at her suddenly taking her home to be by herself didn't sound so appealing anymore. Even if she was driving me up the wall. 

I rolled my eyes, giving in, heading to the front door and opening it for her. "No, you're gonna stick with me for a little longer." She only stared at me with confusion, still in the same spot where she was. "Well, come on, I have shit to do." I said, pointing to the door.

She flinched a little bit when I raised my voice, quickly walking over to where I stood, walking out the front door. I followed behind her to the truck, only thinking yo myself "What has this poor girl gotten herself into".

_______

I feel like a Hopper POV was needed and would help progress the story a lil bit. Hope you're enjoying, I'm enjoying writing this :)