012

Hopper's POV

I woke up that morning to a silent house. It was odd, I was so used to hearing Eleven blasting the TV, or coming in the ask some bizzare question in the mornings. But, not this morning. Complete silence. I missed the kid, I needed to find her. While being completely pissed, I still needed to make sure she was okay and make sure she gets home. I just didn't even know where to begin.

After laying in bed for God knows how long, I finally sat up, and forced myself out of bed. I got dressed and made myself a cup of coffee, and sat down to get my shoes on. I then took a last glance around the cabin, grabbing my shit and headed out the door. Throughout the morning I found myself thinking of Victoria a few times. As I made my way to my truck I almost stopped myself and turned around to go call and check on her, make sure she was okay. I don't know why exactly, I'm sure she was fine.

I got into my truck, sitting there for a second before starting it up, I stared at the house, contemplating on whether or not I should go in and call. I finally shook my head, slamming the door to the truck shut, and started it up. There was no reason for me to hover, she's a grown woman, and there was no way I should have to worry about the lab anyway. So, I headed down the road to go to work. About half way down the road I started thinking again. 

"Don't, Hopper. She's a grown ass woman. You don't even know her. She's not your problem." I mermerd to myself as I drove along.

As I approached the station, I thought more and more about it. Finally, I just said fuck it and drove right past the station, deciding I would stop by and check on her. I looked at the time, assuming she would be at work. I'll just stop in, see how her arm is doing, see if she's had any trouble and leave. That's not hovering.

I took my walkie out of my belt. "Hey, I'll be in a little later this morning, I'm going to go check something out." I said into it.

"Sounds good, boss." Callahan replied a few seconds later.

I sat it down, gripping the steering wheel. I don't know why I was feeling so anxious. Once I started to approach the nursery, I noticed there weren't any cars in sight. I pulled into the parking lot, and sat there for a moment. Maybe she's just not at work yet. Or maybe she just ended up not going because of her arm. Either way it's none of my business, and at least I tried.

I hesitated for a moment, taking the truck out of park and started to head to the main road.

"Dammit, Jim." I cursed to myself, ripping my walkie from my belt. "Hey, can someone find me where the location of Victoria Linker?" I said into it almost with anger.

It took a moment for anyone to reply. "The location? Of the wacky chick that was attacked yesterday morning?" Callahan I replied.

"Yes, the location, where she lives." I snapped. "Yes, I need to ask her some questions." I felt myself getting irritated. I took a breath in and leaned on the wheel.

"Yeah, I'll see what I can find out, chief." He said almost right away.

"Thank you." I said, throwing the walkie into the passenger seat.

I leaned back, shutting off the truck and waited. This had to be weird, trying to find where she lives. I had an odd gut feeling for some reason. What is Brenner's guys happened to have known something? I might just be over thinking. But it wasn't her I was only paranoid for, it's everyone who knows anything. If the lab knew she knew shit, who knows what they would do to her, they may not let her off as easy as they did us. But, the first people they would point the blame on is me, Joyce, and the kids. That's the last thing I need to happen.

After a while of sitting there in silence, my walking kicked me out of my thoughts, causing me to jump.

"Found where she lives, chief. Florence said it should be N206 on highway 15." He said.

I was on highway 15, so it should have been right down the road. I picked it up, "Thanks." I said quickly before tossing the walking back down. I started my truck back up, and made my way to the direction of the address I was told. I cursed at myself the whole way there. I felt odd for doing it, but it was driving me crazy. Who gives a shit anyway.

As I scanned the road signs for the number, I saw 206 approaching, noticing her car in the driveway. But, soon after seeing her car I saw two white vans parked right beside it. I was confused for a moment, and it hit me all at once. I pulled to the side of the road, slamming on the breaks. It was Brenner's guys. I knew that from when they chased the kids in the same damn vans.

"Are you fucking kidding me..." I said out loud for a moment.

I sat there in panic for a moment. They could be in there right now with her. I can't just leave her... could I? No, no, fuck that. I contemplated just leaving or somehow going to see what was going on. I forced myself out of the truck, deciding I would go around through the woods to end up in her backyard so I wouldn't just walk up to the front door. I stomped through the trees, swatting at bushes in frustration, finally ending up in her backyard. I quickly jogged up the the backdoor. As I got to the door, I saw Victoria running past the window. I glanced in, seeing her running to the phone. When I saw that, I also heard yelling coming from the front that sounded like a man's voice.

"Shit." I banged on the door a few times. "Victoria... Victoria, it's Jim!" I yelled, waiting for a reply or hopefully for her to open the door. There was none. "Victoria!" I yelled one last time while banging on the door once again. Still nothing.

I hesitated before gripping the doorknob, taking in a deep breath before turning it, praying it was unlocked. And to my luck, it was. I swung the door open quickly, seeing she had disappeared once I stepped in, keeping my hand on my gun in my belt. There was a loud banging on the door. I knew at that point it was for sure the lab's guys. I glanced around to see a cord stretched around the corner to a pantry where it was shut in the door. That was my first guess to where she was at. I took no time to march over there, quickly opening the pantry.

I felt a wash of relief as I saw Victoria clinging her cat to her chest, sitting in the corner, the phone in her hand, and her face was red from crying. She looked terrified, but that quickly changed to an odd mix of confusion and relief. 

"Hopper?" She said under her breath as she looked up at me.

____

I am officially horrible at updating. Sorry if these last two chapters have been boring, I felt like this needed both of their POV so you knew what was happening when the men showed up, and so Hopper looked a little less creepy showing up at her house haha.