010

Hopper's POV

 It kind of hit me when she asked 'what now' because I didn't really know what to do with her. I couldn't get anymore people involved with this, even though she was technically already very involved. I couldn't just keep her around though, I barely know what I'm doing. That, and now she's got stitches, which means she should probably just go home and recover.

When I told her I was just going to take her home she didn't say anything. She gave me a slight nod, and the doors opened to our floor soon after. She walked out before me, following her out I see Joyce sat in a chair by the front desk. She looked tired. Of course, like always, she greeted us with a smile and hopped out of her chair. 

"You're all signed out and ready to go." She said to Victoria, then shifting her eyes to mine, only looking at me for a moment as if she was waiting for me to say something.

I cleared my throat and continued to walk, tugging on Victoria's arm to follow me without even noticing I did. "I'm going to take her home. Make sure the kids all get home, it's late." I said, walking away from where she stood.

I held the door for Victoria as she walked out, leading her to where my truck was parked. She was silent, I glanced down at her as we walked to see her head down as we walked, hugging her injured arm. I couldn't help but feel sorry. She was dragged into this and now I was just about to dump her back at home. I didn't anything else to do with this girl though. Not to be a dick but I didn't have much use for her now. As long as she kept her mouth shut and no one finds out that she knows she should be safe just going back home.

We got to the truck, getting inside and starting up in silence. As we made our way down the road she rested her head on the window, staring out it with a blank expression. I just tried to keep my eyes on the road.

"Um, you can just drop me off at the nursery." She said quietly once was got a little closer to it down the road. "My car is there. I can drive home from there."

I nodded, seeing the nursery down the road. I pulled up to where the only car was parked, putting the truck in park. She sat up, unbuckling herself, and reaching for the door handle.

"Um..." I started out, causing her to stop and look at me. "Someone from the station might come by at some point and ask you more questions, ya' know, about what happened here. Just tell them it was an animal attack."

"Okay, sounds good." She said softly.

"If you need anything just call the station and ask for me. That's where I am most of the time anyway." She only looked at me and nodded. I shifted where I sat, facing her. "Hey, I mean it. Anything, kiddo." 

She smiled a little this time when she nodded. "Thank you, Hopper. I really do appreciate it."

"And-" I stopped her as she started to open the door to get out, noticing I was just stalling. "You know to keep all of this to yourself. Only me and anyone else who was there today can know you know." 

"You got it, chief." She smiled, opening the door and hopping out, looking at me. "Have a good night, Jim."

I felt myself smile back at her. "You too, kid."

With that, she slammed the door shut, making her way to her car. She got in, and I sat there, watching her drive off in the opposite direction that I would be going. As I sat and watched her drive away I still felt myself smiling, snapping myself out of it as I shifted the truck, heading out. After that I had no intentions of ever seeing that girl again, but something told me I would.

____

Sorry this is a little short. I'll be updating again tonight :)))