013

Victoria's POV

You could image the mixture of emotions I felt when I saw Hopper in my house. Above all it was just pure happiness. Of all the people I wanted to see right now it was him. 

I sat there in a bit of shock and confusion as Hopper stood above me. "Hopper?" I barely got out as I was still in panic from the original situation.

"Get up." Is all he said, grabbing my arm, pulling me to my feet.

I hugged my cat with one arm, Hopper keeping a firm grip on the other one. Right as soon as we walked out the backdoor, I heard one last loud bang, looking over my should to see my door being busted through, and then breaking open wide. Hopper had shoved me through the door before I could see anything else. He slammed the door shut behind him while I stood there.

"I called the station and you weren't there. How did you-" I started to ask but he cut me off.

He walked past me, grabbing my arm again, pulling me to walk quickly behind him. "Good thing I came to check on you think morning then." He grumbled.

I noticed he was leading me away from my house and into the woods behind my yard. I pulled on him, breaking from his grip, causing him to turn around. "Where are we going? Some guys just broke into my house and are probably stealing stuff. Aren't you here to, I don't know, arrest someone?" I said in confusion.

He gave me a frustrated look, breathing heavily as if he was out of breath. "We need to go before they realize you're not in that house because the first place they'll look is those woods, and we have a bit of a walk. Let's go." He snapped.

This time he grabbed my wrist, pulling me to walk in front of him, letting go and slightly shoving me from behind.

"Hopper, wait-" I tried to stop him.

"Both of us may be killed if we 'wait' so shut up, and walk straight. Quickly." He snapped.

I listened to him after he said that, not asking anymore questions. I just hugged PitPat and walked as fast as I could. The walk was silent, but he was telling the truth, it was a bit of a walk. Eventually we turned, ending up on the side of the highway, finding Hopper's truck. He told me to get in, and of course, I did. 

We got in silently, and he started the truck up, doing a U-turn, and sped off down the road. Not saying a word. Of course my mind was buzzing with questions. But, I didn't dare ask any because of seeing how angry he was for some reason. I just quietly sat there, petting PitPat, the only sound was the hum of the truck going down the road towards town for a while. Eventually, he cleared his throat loudly, glancing at me a few times.

"Good thing I came to check up on you, huh?" He said, laughing a little bit.

I smiled for a slight second at him, looking down at PitPat again, not saying anything.

"I know that was scary. I'm sorry." He said quietly. I still didn't say anything, so he did. "You can ask questions now." He said in an annoyed tone.

I thought for a second, hesitating. "Why didn't you go in and arrest them or stop them? They were breaking into my home." I asked.

He shook his head. "Those are the people that aren't supposed to know you know anything." He said.

I only thought for a minute, remembering what he told me about the lab that had that thing that attacked me. I was still confused.

"Then why were they breaking in? What if they are, like, taking my stuff-" I started to ramble in panic.

"What aren't you understanding? You want me to go in and 'arrest' the government?" He scoffed. "I couldn't let them see me either. Because obviously they know you know some shit that they don't want you to know. You follow?" He started talking down to me. "And who would they go straight to blame? The other people who know- me, Joyce, and the kids. So, not only are you at risk, we all are." He said in an annoyed tone.

I felt  my stomach knot up the more he talked. This was all my fault. 

"So, what are they going to do to us?" I was scared to ask.

"Well, last time they all talked to us they let us off pretty easily; telling us to keep our mouths shut. This time, who knows. They could do whatever they want to us." He said. "I'm going to try and talk to someone I know there. Explain what happened."

I just nodded. "So, where are we going now?" I said.

"Going to go talk to Joyce and tell her what happened. If they happen to think we might know where you are she needs to know what's going on." He said. 

"So, I can't go home? I have work this morning, I could lose my jo, Hopper." I began to panic.

He sighed with frustration. "They are either wiring your house right now, or will be waiting at your front door for when you decide to go home. So, no, you can''t go home. Not any time soon, kiddo. As for your job, that's probably the next place they would look for you."

I didn't say anything, I felt a pit forming in my stomach as if I was about to puke. I hugged PitPat to my chest, petting his head in attempt to comfort myself. My main concern was where was I supposed to go now? I would more than likely be losing my job because I can't even go to work now.

I felt Hopper's eyes on me a few times as I stared ahead at the road. We got into town, pulling up to a small store in the square. He stopped the truck, undoing his seatbelt and looked at me. 

"Hey." He said quietly. I continued to look ahead, lost in thought as I silently panicked. "Victoria." He said more demanding. I turned my head to look at him. He put a firm hand on my shoulder, causing me to flinch at first, looking me in the eye. "Don't worry. I'm gonna take care of this, alright? I just need you to be as understanding as possible and cooperate with me. Got it?" 

I nodded.

"I want to hear a 'yes'." He said.

"Yes, I got it." I said, swallowing hard, not really being meaningful.

He took his hand off of me, taking the keys out, and getting out of the truck. "Stay put, I'll be right back." With that he slammed the door, leaving to walk into the store.

______

Should I do another Hopper POV or should I do less? I feel like I need to show his side too so ya'll can get what he's feeling too, but if I'm overdoing it lemme know. Same with Victoria's POV. Also, I am trying to decide on an actor for Victoria, I can't chose between Emma Stone and Amanda Seyfried. Happy Friday :)