015

Hopper's POV

I didn't want to talk about the cabin in that moment, mainly because to explain it I would have to explain Eleven and I couldn't do that. I knew it was the safest place right now to hide her. It was the only place they couldn't find her, that's why I had El there for so long I knew it would be okay. I was stressed to my max right now, I could barely focus on driving.

My walkie kept going off, the station kept asking where I was at. I was in no mood to call into work right now. I had to make up an excuse why I wasn't there. I still needed to get to the lab and try and talk to someone, but before that I needed to check on the kids, meaning the teenagers mainly because they had been causing all sorts of trouble together lately. Knowing they knew, I meant exactly what I said to Victoria, we were their first to blame for this and I bet they're going to be looking to find some answers soon and I needed to give them to them.

We got to the cabin, pulling the truck up to the house, and putting it in park. Neither of us said anything for a moment, we just sat there. She looked at me waiting for instructions, but I didn't really have any other than telling her to sit in the house.

"I, um... I know this sucks a little bit. Bad way to start the morning. But, you'er going to have to stay put for a while. Just until I can get control of the situation." I said, taking my hat off to scratch my head. "If I can." I sighed under my breath.

She looked down and nodded, undoing her seat belt. "Stay put. Got it. Should be easy enough." She threw a quick smile at me.

I scoffed. "You'd assume." I said, mainly to myself in reference to Eleven.

"Anything else?" She sat as she started to open the door to get out.

"I mean, lock the doors when you get in," I said as I remembered to give her a key, pulling it off my keys to the truck and handing it to her. "Windows stay boarded up, lights low, noise low..." I tried to think if there was anything else. "Just don't be stupid. Please." I said, not being able to stress that enough.

She hopped out, holding her cat to her chest. "Thanks, Hopper." She said a little sheepishly.

I knew she didn't like this situation, I knew she was in pain, and poor thing was still confused. I felt bad just ditching her here but it was the best I could do right now.

"Don't thank me. Stay inside, I'll be back as soon as I can, kiddo." I said, trying to seem positive.

She smiled, slamming the truck door shut. I caught myself sitting in the truck and watching her as she shuffled up to the porch, petting her cat as she walk. It was until she had unlocked the door and went to go inside and she looked at me, waving at me when I realized I was staring. I shook myself out of my thoughts, starting the truck back up, giving her a small wave, waiting to make sure she had shut the door and gotten inside okay.

"Jesus Christ." I said aloud to myself as I turned the truck around in anger, driving away from the cabin to go try and fix this mess. I still felt like shit for leaving her.

Victoria's POV

Once I waved at him after noticing him sitting there I shut the door, noticing at least six different locks on the door once I did. I thought it was odd, but it wasn't the strangest thing I had seen all day. I just sat PitPat down and locked up all the locks, not thinking twice about it.

My first order of business was to find a phone and call into work. I found his phone on the wall of the kitchen, I punched in the numbers and someone quickly picked up. Of course I got yelled at for not calling in for almost an hour after my shift started. Luckily, my family was friends with my boss and he let me off with a warning. I didn't tell him I had no clue when the next time I could show up to work was. 

After I hung up, I took a look around. It was in the same horrible condition it was in before when I was in here for only a moment. It was a wreck. If it were my house I would spend all day cleaning this up, I for sure had the time. I didn't think I should do that, not knowing how much Hopper would like that. I was surprised he would drop a stranger off at his house. He was nice enough to do that.

PitPat followed close behind me as I took a look around the cabin. There wasn't much to look at. Only a kitchen, a living room, and two bedrooms, one bedroom was just a makeshift room with a sheet as a wall though which I found interesting if it was just him here. Which made me remember when he was yelling the number... I couldn't remember what it was now. Maybe that meant something. 

My arm ached and ached, I had no prescription or anything for the pain, so I found a spot on the couch as sat down. PitPat climbed up into my lap, and I hugged him tight once again. I sat there in silence with only the sound o his soft purring, slowly stroking him for comfort. It was the oddest thing, but out of no where I got a chill down my spine, and goosebumps covered my body. I suddenly felt my heart almost beating out of my chest and an extreme amount of anxiety as if I was being watch or hunted. As soon as I stood up that when I saw it.

___

For whomever commented for me yo update. I'm sorry, schools been busy and I started a different fanfic recently that I have been trying to get up and running. Its a Negan one (TWD) if you're interested :) I'll update soon