006

Victoria POV

After walking in on him in the cabin screaming the number eleven I could tell something was really bothering him. I was afraid to ask any questions because he has told me several times not to and I was starting to push his buttons...well, I mean I think I started to quite a while ago but the guy seemed to been dealing with enough so I decided I would stay quiet this time. I also suspected that something else was wrong since he changed his mind about taking me home. Which I wasn't going to complain about, but I was a little nervous to see what that meant for me...and I needed to feed my cat.

We left the Cabin, driving back onto the highway towards back into town. I looked out my window, trying to maybe figure out where we were headed to now. As he drove I felt his eyes on me, catching him glancing at me a couple of times. I just kept my head low, still not speaking.

He sucked in a deep breath, letting it out as he spoke. "So, um... are you doing okay?" He asked.

He wreaked of awkward. I only looked over at him for a moment, trying to understand the question.

"Um... I mean considering the circumstances, I think so." I stuttered slightly.

"You're taking all of this a lot better then most would." He scoffed, letting the silence take over once again for a moment. "How's your arm?"

"N-not good. It hurts like hell..." I said nervously as I looked down at it, seeing it was starting to bleed through the bandage a little bit. "This doesn't look like a normal bite..." 

Hopper nodded slowly. "Yeah, well it wasn't from a normal creature, kid."

"But, it's not just my arm where the pain is. It's my whole body in these throbbing bursts. In the station earlier it all washed over me and wouldn't go away." I said, looking to him, waiting an answer.

"I've dealt with one of these bastards, not to spook you, but there is no telling what these things can do." He said in a low tone. "Maybe one of the kids will know something. We'll figure something out."

I couldn't help but scoff. "Kids?"

"Trust me. These kids have been through it...." He trailed off. "I've already said too much. Just hang in there. We'll clean that up when we get to Joyce's"

Yeah, that was reassuring. Putting my life in the hands of kids? And why was everything a secret? How is what he told me too much already, I barely know anything. My mind was racing with questions.

The pain was growing in my arm. It throbbed like wild, and the burning was slowly growing again with every bump we hit in the road. I got this odd feeling as if something was moving slightly in my warm where the monster's mouth was as odd as it sounds. I took a deep breath, looking up to face the road, trying not to think about the pain I was in.

We pulled up to a small grey house, Hopper could barely put the car in park before Joyce and a young boy came running up to the truck.

"Hopper! Where the hell have you been?" Joyce yelled as he opened the door.

"Where have you been? I called you like fifteen minutes ago." Hopper said, motioning for me to get out of the truck.

I stumbled out, walking around to the other side, meeting eyes with the boy with black hair that was beside Joyce. He looked me up and down, cocking his head at me to say hello. I did the same back as I stood behind Hopper.

"Oh- well, I... I didn't even notice. I called the station like ten times." She stumbled over her words. She didn't look well.

Hopper looked at the boy and back at Joyce. "Why the hell is Mike here? Where are your other little friends?" He said. "Shouldn't you be home?"