1 | imagine it

a/n: imma have wonka call reese peanut

a/n: imma have wonka call reese peanut. why? bc reeses are made w peanut butter and chocolate, and peanut is a cute ass nickname

"DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU KNEW MR. WONKA?" Charlie asked Reese as they stood in front of the factory gates, staring at the tall building through the rust black bars.

"Yes, I did, as children." She pulled up her black jacket farther onto her shoulders. "He was the nicest, and literally the cutest kid ever. It's ironic how his father was literally super strict about his candy intake and now he's started a candy factory."

"Do you think he would recognise you now?"

She chortled, her head bobbing down and her ponytail almost falling into her face. "I've changed so much from when I was a child, but who knows."

Soon the gates had opened, Charlie looked up at Reese and she looked down at him before the voice told them to enter.

"COME FORWARD."

They followed accordingly, walking towards the entrance, and the gates closed behind them.

"DEAR VISITORS, IT IS MY PLEASURE TO WELCOME YOU TO MY HUMBLE FACTORY. BUT WHO AM I? WELL. . "

They walked to a stage, and a little show commenced. There were puppets singing, and their mouths moved to the audio playing from the stage.

When the curtain opened in front of Wonka's chair, he wasn't there. . Sparks went off, and soon caused fires which led to the puppets eventually melting.

It was an understatement to say that Reese was disturbed.

A clapping of hands and high spirited laughter came from beside Mr. Salt, Veruca's father.

"Wasn't that amazing? I was worried it was getting a bit dodgy in the middle part, but that finale! Wow!" The voice said.

Reese turned and looked to see who it was, and her breathing stopped for just a moment. She bit the inside of her cheek.

The man in the top hat made his way to the stage, using his cane as support.

"Who are you?" Violet, the girl with the world record for chewing gum the longest, asked. Making a face and smacking on her gum.

"Willy Wonka." Reese breathed, her eyes widening. Charlie smiled.

Willy looked around at the group of people standing before him, his mouth moving as he struggled to find words to say. "G. .Good-morning, sunshine! The earth says hello!" He said choppily.

Awkward silence followed as he pulled out a few notecards with a frown.

"Dear guests, greetings! Welcome to the factory! I shake you warm by the hand." He held out his hand in hopes to shake it, and saw the Reese was slowly slipping her hand out her pocket to shake it. "Go on, shake my hand." He encouraged her.