9 | valentines day

"Charlie, I just...don't know what to get her!" Wonka exclaimed with an evident (but usual) frown on his face. He stared into the window of a boutique shop along with his side-kick who was very much like a little brother to him. If Charlie was honest, he didn't know what Reese liked at all.

Wonka blinked at the glass pain behind his huge round purple sunglasses, getting quite fed up at his own frustration and impatience of Valentine's Day. He wanted to make sure this was perfect--for both him and Reese. Due to being alone for most of his adult life, he never got to celebrate Valentines Day with anybody. Now it was his first time, and he was panicking...he didn't know what to do.

"Maybe you don't have to get her anything... maybe you could just make her some chocolate?"

"But I did that last time, just out of generosity." He scrunched his nose up, making a face of disgust and judgement. The expression soon dropped as his eyes glazed over a shiny, silver necklace. The sign below it had said "Custom Lettering!" in big cursive font, and surprisingly had a very high discount. He smiled, knowing that he could afford it either way. With a childlike smile, he turned to Charlie quickly. "Charlie, I found the gift!"

"You did? What is it?" The young boy asked, immediately scanning the display. The chocolatier pointed at the item with a gloved finger, and the boy immediately lit up with a grin. "She's gonna love it! I know she will!"

• ❤️ •

Willy couldn't believe himself as he woke up the next morning. He looked to the right of him at the little red box sitting upon his nightstand. It had a golden cursive "R" latch on it. Being the famous "Wonka", he had gotten the necklace finished in a rather short time.

He thought about how this all could play out, a sudden shakiness and feeling of butterflies in his stomach set in at the anxiety of what she could say about the gift. He decided that he would give it to her once she had been woken up, and that he will meet her in the meadow (which had hearts growing all over).

The man now waited in the meadow about an hour later than the scenario above, tugging on his maroon trench. He was kinda nervous, but very confident in what he could do. The Bucket family watched from the windows in their hours, waiting to see what Reese would look like.

Then. . She came.

Wearing an outfit that she said made her feel pretty in pink. Her neon pink jumpsuit with heeled boots that matched. Her hair was put up into her regular ponytail, and her makeup was simple. The woman grinned as she approached the chocolatier.

When she grinned, that warm fuzzy feeling came back. To say he really didn't like that feeling was an understatement. He hated how it made him feel anxious, and how his breath would quicken. But nevertheless, he embraced it for the time being... it was Valentine's Day, after all.

Reese carefully ran down the bridge in the meadow towards Wonka since she was wearing heels. When she got to him she gave him a big hug, making Wonka gasp in delight and surprise. They hugged each other for what seemed like forever until Reese pulled away from the chocolatier. From her bag she pulled out a box with a huge "W" on it, and handed it to Wonka.

"Here's your present, Willy. I thought I'd give chocolate making a try."

His eyes lit up in excitement as he hesitantly took the box from her. He looked up from the covering at Reese multiple times in confortable silence as he opened it. There were a few disfigured chocolates, but one was a perfectly shaped heart with thin lines of strawberry icing on it.

"That one was achieved on the last try, but the others still probably taste great! They're all filled with strawberry paste." She exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

The chocolatier smiling brightly at the brunette, he would surely eat these chocolates later. He closed the box and hugged her as tightly as he could, finally gaining the confidence to at least kiss her on the cheek. "Thank you, Peanut. Thank you so much."

She hummed in reply. He pulled away from her. Now it was his turn.

He was noticeably getting nervous. His hands trembled as he reached into his coat pocket to get a familiar looking tiny box. Some doubt started to cloud his mind as he brought the box out. Will she not like the gift? What if she thinks its too much?

"H-Here's your gift." He stammered, his hands still shaking once he handed the box over to Reese. She took it very carefully, seeing as though it was one of those jewellery boxes. The chocolatier pulled on the collar on his jacket, averting his eyes from Reese.

When she opened it, she couldn't believe her eyes. It was a silver necklace with her name written in cursive on it, along with her name accompanied some roses: one gold and one silver. She was more than surprised, to say the least. "W-Willy, I..."

She whispered, carefully taking the necklace out of its box.  The man looked up at her, at her reaction. He smiled once more, and his cheeks turned into a light shade of pink. "Here, let me help you."

He went behind Reese, taking the two ends of the necklace and linking them together around her neck. After doing so, he walked back in front of her, grateful that she loved the gift.

"I... I don't know what to say." She laughed, holding onto the charmed necklace and examining it closely. "It's wonderful. Thank you so much, Willy."

"You're very welcome, Peanut. I.." He trailed off, it was still very hard for him to say those three words out loud. Often, he would say them in his head where nobody could hear him.

She grinned at him, know what he was trying to say. "I love you too, Willy. Happy Valentine's day."

• ❤️ •
i always end up writing more for willy than i do for other characters lmaoao oh well.

i hope u enjoyed this chapter! drop a vote and a comment if u did!!